Shootings and explosions in Paris

Poll added in error  

1. 1. Poll added in error

• Y
    • N

Yeah , lets sit down over tea and scones and try and reason with a bunch of Islamic lunatics who want to blow everyone to bits.

Good idea. :roll:

I don't think the current bombing raids are going to change anything and will perhaps make things even worse. Every bomb brings closer that ISIS propaganda that shows dead or maimed women and children.

There needs to be a process of containment, both economic and military containment. And it needs to be thought through properly.

---------- Post added 20-11-2015 at 18:44 ----------

but i bet given the chance its exactly what he would do:roll:

Don't be stupid.

but i bet given the chance its exactly what he would do:roll:

How juvenile of you.

---------- Post added 20-11-2015 at 19:00 ----------

All those clamouring for further bombing might like to ask themselves the following.

Do you really believe that only combatants died in the recent air strikes on Raqqa?

It's extraordinarily unlikely. I'd say it's a dead cert that innocent men, women and children died in that raid.

Where does that leave us?

It's extraordinarily unlikely. I'd say it's a dead cert that innocent men, women and children died in that raid.

Sitting in a sea of warm self congratulatory urine...I would think. Carpet bombing takes non of your sentiments into account.

Sitting in a sea of warm self congratulatory urine...I would think. Carpet bombing takes non of your sentiments into account.

Well it looks as though Russian and Chinese special forces will be in Syria before long. I doubt they will be too bothered either.

Great to see one of the Paris murderers marched away with his bare butt on the front pages. I wonder if that is offensive to his breed, as I didnt find it particularly offensive, but highly satisfying to see it ridiculed in the press.

Not be long before this pig~scum is wiped out.

Well it looks as though Russian and Chinese special forces will be in Syria before long. I doubt they will be too bothered either.

Don't think China will give a tupenny toss.

EDIT - in so much China won't get all uppity if some of its citizens die in Mali. They won't get involved at all.

How juvenile of you.

All those clamouring for further bombing might like to ask themselves the following.

Do you really believe that only combatants died in the recent air strikes on Raqqa?

Had the powers that be held your attitude in the Second World War it would not have ended like it did, Dresden was flattened and Hiroshima was nuked, war will never be nice, lot's of women and children died then but the war ended and we have been quite cosy with the Germans and Japanese since.

How juvenile of you.

really ?? well ok if you say so:roll:

the fact remains that talking to IS would be and is pointless they dont want to talk, they have nothing but hate for us in the west and non believers, they are a cult of extremists which stretch far and wide into their ideology of their religion.

pin point targeted drone and bombing is the only way to erase these terrorists and if that means what some call illegal kill strikes then so be it.

this is a war and in wars innocents get killed as we have seen in Paris twice in twelve months.

really ?? well ok if you say so:roll:

the fact remains that talking to IS would be and is pointless they dont want to talk, they have nothing but hate for us in the west and non believers, they are a cult of extremists which stretch far and wide into their ideology of their religion.

pin point targeted drone and bombing is the only way to erase these terrorists and if that means what some call illegal kill strikes then so be it.

this is a war and in wars innocents get killed as we have seen in Paris twice in twelve months.

So, you're Ok with killing innocents then. Remind you of anyone?

How do you tackle the ideologies that drive young men (and women) towards terror groups?

Edited by Halibut

So, you're Ok with killing innocents then.

How do you tackle the ideologies that drive young men (and women) towards terror groups?

clamp down on hate preachers in this country (this would probably upset you again thou :roll:) stop pussy footing around certain minorities for fear of upsetting them. I cant think of anymore yet but feel free to add your thoughts. if all we achieve fails and these youngsters do get to join these terror groups intent on hurting us then a bullet between the eyes or blowing them up seems ok with me :D