Shootings and explosions in Paris

Poll added in error  

1. 1. Poll added in error

• Y
    • N

Please explain why you think that.

Because I know dozens of Muslims, some quite devout and none of them feel like killing anybody.

---------- Post added 21-11-2015 at 16:45 ----------

Im surprised you cnat see the difference between the way ISIS conducts its activities as opposed to the western forces, one side seeks to maximise civilian casualties whislt the other seeks to minimise them. They are very different.

I can see the difference, I'm not stupid, but my point is that civilians die when the West drop bombs.

No, that's complete nonsense. You talk to any normal Muslim and they do not regard the IS brand of Islam as true Islam.

You haven't thought this through. You are understandably putting your modern society ideas onti the situation and ariving at the wrong conclusion. I did too until I spent a bit of time reading up about ISIL and their motivations.

What a "normal Muslim" thinks is irrelevant. ISIL have set up what they truly believe is the new Isamic Caliphate under a rightous Calpih. To them, your so called "true Muslims" are apostates who should be killed because they don't implement the Koran properly, crucifixions, slavery, and all. As far as the Caliphate is concerned it is the duty of Muslims to join the Caliphate. They WANT war, it is in the book that it will happen. It's exactly the same as other death cults like the Branch Davidians.

To repeat, they WANT a war. It is their purpose. They don't want to negotiate for land. They want God on earth and they know that most of them will die in the process. This isn't like other conflicts, it's not politics, it's eternal life they are seeking. It is a problem of Islam.

You need to understand how the enemy thinks, not your friends who cherry pick the bits they like from the same holy book. The ISIL Caliphate is an Islam problem, even if that idea feels uncomfortable.

Because I know dozens of Muslims, some quite devout and none of them feel like killing anybody.

---------- Post added 21-11-2015 at 16:45 ----------

I can see the difference, I'm not stupid, but my point is that civilians die when the West drop bombs.

So they have a choice, if they didnt embed themselves in civilian areas then there wouldnt have to be civilian casualties. Conflicts suck, but ISIS have backed themselves into a position where they are not going to be negotiated with and will one way or another be defeated. O dont see them being talke to anytime soon. They will not be allowed to eastbalish themselves or recognised as a country.

Why do you think there is a 'requirement' for 'true' Muslims to travel there?

I don't think anything. The Caliph has instructed them to migrate because it is their duty and it's in the book. That's why even women and children are travelling. You need to understand this stuff before arguing the point.

---------- Post added 21-11-2015 at 17:03 ----------

[/b]

Wrong again, it's highly relevant.

Wrong again. It's a perversion of Islam, IS do not represent Islam.

Saying "wrong" just makes you look ignorant and I don't think you are. Your predjudice is getting in the way. All that matters is what ISIL think and they are crystal clear on what's required.

Explain why this is wrong. Please, try it, in detail. Then we can discuss it. Otherwise anything you say will be considered intellectually bankrupt. This is an open invitation to have a discussion of worth.

Edited by Eric Arthur

I don't think anything. The Caliph has instructed them to migrate because it is their duty and it's in the book. That's why even women and children are travelling. You need to understand this stuff before arguing the point.

Thanks for the condescending patronisation.. The point is...those travelling are 'weirdo' Muslims, just like the one's that are there already. Do you know how many 'weirdo' Muslims are there?..being as you "understand this stuff".