Shootings and explosions in Paris

Poll added in error  

1. 1. Poll added in error

• Y
    • N

I have no idea what this means. No, offence but it reads as gibberish.

so much for research eh!

The sect of islam you claim to know so much about, you know the point of this topic, has a self proclaimed leader.... a 'caliph'. named Abu baghadadi who is the head of a caliphate.. Who'd a thunk it!

and

He was interred as a civilian by the US for a year

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iraq/10948846/How-a-talented-footballer-became-worlds-most-wanted-man-Abu-Bakr-al-Baghdadi.html

"Hisham al-Hashimi, an Iraqi security strategist who has met Baghdadi in person said he believed that it was a subsequent prison stint in an American jail which cemented Baghdadi as the jihadist he is today.

Baghdadi was thrown into the sprawling American run Camp Bucca in late 2005, after US intelligence reports record claimed that he was fighting against the US occupation.

"Inside the prison Baghdadi is believed to have met with and been radicalised by jihadists from al-Qaeda, the group holding a reign of terror after the Iraqi invasion, with daily suicide bombings in towns and cities.

When released he reaffirmed his membership to al-Qaeda in Iraq"

I'm wondering if his imprisonment was a catalyst of some kind..

What? Mr Knowledge is lost for words all things Muslim? Getahtahere.

How can I define Islam? Even Muslims can't agree and they have been killing each other for centuries because of it.

What's your definition of a Muslim. Let's hear it. I might learn something.

whilst most muslims are not terrorists and a large percentage are peaceful it has to be said pretty much all terrorist attacks in the last 20 odd years have been perpetrated by muslims and muslim sympathisers in the name of islam?? so it is more likely that the next terrorist will be muslim rather than you ?, me or any other religion, so as a group it is likely even though the percentage will be small?

Says a man who's moved to Dubai..

I spent a bit of time reading up about ISIL and their motivations.

It is a problem of Islam.

The ISIL Caliphate is an Islam problem,

Rubbish. I've not claimed to know a thing about Islam.

All that matters is what ISIL think Islam is.

You might want to decide what you do, and don't know.

I'm aware of my own ignorance which makes yours all the more apparent.

---------- Post added 21-11-2015 at 18:19 ----------

oh and...

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/dec/11/-sp-isis-the-inside-story

http://www.historycommons.org/timeline.jsp?hr_us_bases_and_interrogation_centers=hr_campBucca&timeline=torture,_rendition,_and_other_abuses_against_captives_in_iraq,_afghanistan,_and_elsewhere

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3104859/US-Prison-camp-Iraq-accidentally-formed-ISIS-housing-radial-jihadists-allowing-organize-terror-group.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/11/04/how-an-american-prison-helped-ignite-the-islamic-state/

See, this is fairly common knowledge..

hmmm, very droll. maybe.

So you spent quite a bit of time researching isis/l but never touched upon; their leader, their history, their religion or their....

you get 4/10 for sustained effort..

and yeah, all muslims are terrorists. If your going to put words in my mouth then at least I get to say them!

So whilst obviously ISIL and Islam aren't interchangeable (cheers for that nugget Eric), they follow Islam.

Of course, which is a fact that didn't need restating by me. :)

It is the critical point and to deny it or make excuses for it is stupid. We just need go deal with it. They are having a holy war and we can't alter that except by ending it in the only way possible. It will be continue to be terrible for everyone caught up in it until the caliphate is eliminated with violence.

---------- Post added 21-11-2015 at 18:52 ----------

hmmm, very droll. maybe.

So you spent quite a bit of time researching isis/l but never touched upon; their leader, their history, their religion or their....

you get 4/10 for sustained effort..

and yeah, all muslims are terrorists. If your going to put words in my mouth then at least I get to say them!

Predictibly under the the circumstances you have got it the wrong way round. I know perfectly well about Baghdadhi, it goes without saying.

I was criticising your use of English as gibberish. I put it down to using a mobile phone or similar to type the message but you just cleared up that it's not your typing at fault. No offence. ;)

Edited by Eric Arthur

How can I define Islam? Even Muslims can't agree and they have been killing each other for centuries because of it.

What's your definition of a Muslim. Let's hear it. I might learn something.

You effectively claimed that if ISIL outsiders were allowed to be sucked into the caliphate we could carpet bomb and annihilate the lot, which would release Muslims from having to go there by divine must (these are your sentiments) The argument is..they're doing exactly the opposite...they're divinely legging it.

All you've done, or tried to do is disingenuously advocate Islam as defined by ISIL..you are actually perpetuating a minority view based on some google nonsense...or your agenda is to lump the lot into one which is very much the reality more likely.

Don't get me wrong, I have a deep distrust of Islam as well as having a deep distrust of any and all religion..so no bias here.

I've never claimed what is or isn't a Muslim, that's for a Muslim to answer, as well as very personal. It is obvious though that one majority set of Muslims are fleeing in their hundreds of thousands from another set of minority Muslims hell bent on murdering anything in their path .