Shootings and explosions in Paris

Poll added in error  

1. 1. Poll added in error

• Y
    • N

The Quran was revealed over 1400 years ago, in a historical context tribal conquest, rape and murder was the norm.

The problem arises when people read the Quran in a non historical context.

The Quran isn't to blame it's the readers who interpret it wrong that are the problem.

That's the problem,appeared 1400 yrs ago.It cannot be challenged by followers,it has to be right regardless of "interpretation" by you or anyone.We have moved on in 1400 yrs religion hasn't.

That's the problem,appeared 1400 yrs ago.It cannot be challenged by followers,it has to be right regardless of "interpretation" by you or anyone.We have moved on in 1400 yrs religion hasn't.

The interpretation thing isn't true though is it. There are major splits in Islam caused by differing interpretations.

The interpretation thing isn't true though is it. There are major splits in Islam caused by differing interpretations.

Quite so.

The Hadith is the key. A lot of the stuff we associate with radical Islam and not with moderate Islam can actually be found in the Hadith.

You miss the point. For the Caliphate the original book is the only book. There isn't any interpretation needed. In fact, interpretation gets you crucified because that's what it says in the book.

IS are reasonably simple to understand. We keep trying to make it more complicated by viewing it through 21st century eyes where we don't accept beheading, crucifixion, stoning, amputation as normal. Not only is it normal in the Caliphate, it is a religious requirement. It is in the book, it is God's word, it is infallible and it doesn't need any interpretation by men.

Such fallibility... you could be forgiven for thinking it wasn't really the work of an all knowing and all powerful god.

When exactly are we going to stop the false reverence for religions? Especially Islam, which causes us so much woe. Religious freedom means we should all be able to believe whatever nonsense we choose providing it doesn't impede the religious (and legal) freedom of others. Yet my choice to be free from religion is most certainly being impeded. Threat, erosion of freedoms previously enshrined in law and huge cost is a price being imposed on me because people follow, propagate and perpetuate Islam. It is a clear breach of the religious freedom contract and I'm starting to get the hump and I'm far from alone. Muslims need to work out what needs to change so they can uphold their end of the deal or the deal will be off. Hurry up.

You miss the point. For the Caliphate the original book is the only book. There isn't any interpretation needed. In fact, interpretation gets you crucified because that's what it says in the book.

IS are reasonably simple to understand. We keep trying to make it more complicated by viewing it through 21st century eyes where we don't accept beheading, crucifixion, stoning, amputation as normal. Not only is it normal in the Caliphate, it is a religious requirement. It is in the book, it is God's word, it is infallible and it doesn't need any interpretation by men.

I don't think you're right.

Perhaps some quotes to back up your position?

I don't think you're right.

Perhaps some quotes to back up your position?

Just take a look aroud at what their supporters say. It's too big a topic to sum up in a quote. Bagdhadhi's speeches are a good start.

I'll ask you why you don't think I'm right though.

Just take a look aroud at what their supporters say. It's too big a topic to sum up in a quote. Bagdhadhi's speeches are a good start.

I'll ask you why you don't think I'm right though.

These radical ideas usually don't spring from the Quran, but from the Hadith and just out of preachers' own heads.

They may say that they're following the Quran, but that doesn't make it true.

If they're following the Quran, I'd like to see quotes from the Quran establishing this.