Shootings and explosions in Paris

Poll added in error  

1. 1. Poll added in error

• Y
    • N

No. I think they have done rather better considering their starting position was rather worse than ours. They have certainly done rather better than Syria, Egypt, Tunisis, Lebanon, Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Kenya, Nigeria and Sudan all of whom have the same problem. It is always the same problem.

When you look at the size of resources available to Russia, is it any surprise that they've done better than the countries that you have listed?

When you look at the size of resources available to Russia, is it any surprise that they've done better than the countries that you have listed?

So if we all pool our resources with them we should be able to wipe the scum from the surface of the planet.

---------- Post added 23-11-2015 at 14:10 ----------

Eeeeek. Ok. I think we've found our level of disagreement now. :hihi:

Well the problem is very obvious for anyone who wants to open their eyes. I hear the comments from Muslims on here like. "IS are attacking Muslims as well as westerners". It sort of suggests that Muslims don't think of themselves as westerners.

I know folks whose parents came from Antigua. They regard themselves as British. But someone whose grandparents arrived from Pakistan is "a Muslim". They have more allegiance with Syrians and Somalians who are bombing their neighbours than they do with their white neighbours.

That is probably why more British Muslims of Pakistani descent will go to fight for IS in Syria than would fight for the British army.

Edited by exxon

So if we all pool our resources with them we should be able to wipe the scum from the surface of the planet.

Well the problem is very obvious for anyone who wants to open their eyes. I hear the comments from Muslims on here like. "IS are attacking Muslims as well as westerners". It sort of suggests that Muslims don't think of themselves as westerners.

I know folks whose parents came from Antigua. They regard themselves as British. But someone whose grandparents arrived from Pakistan is "a Muslim". They have more allegiance with Syrians and Somalians who are bombing their neighbours than they do with their white neighbours.

That is probably why more British Muslims of Pakistani descent will go to fight for IS in Syria than would fight for the British army.

My bold=

It's said so people of your ilk can get it in their heads that Isis are not only attacking non Muslims.

The rest of your post is baa baa and not worth replying too smithy...

I just want to remind the forum that you said you would support a nuclear strike and therefore killing EVERYONE from Pakistan to Dubai and that someone we should now take anything you say seriously? At one point I thought we were having a good debate but now I can see I was as deluded as you. Sorry, but if you can't see what you've put as wrong then I have nothing more to debate with you...

My bold=

It's said so people of your ilk can get it in their heads that Isis are not only attacking non Muslims.

The rest of your post is baa baa and not worth replying too smithy...

It is you and your ilk that is the problem. Perhaps if you weren't indoctrinated from birth it wouldn't be, and the world could be a better place.

---------- Post added 23-11-2015 at 14:31 ----------

I just want to remind the forum that you said you would support a nuclear strike and therefore killing EVERYONE from Pakistan to Dubai and that someone we should now take anything you say seriously? At one point I thought we were having a good debate but now I can see I was as deluded as you. Sorry, but if you can't see what you've put as wrong then I have nothing more to debate with you...

Actually you said that. I merely said it was a consideration.

Originally Posted by sgtkate View Post

Why we don't we just nuke the entirety of the middle east from Pakistan to Dubai?

Well perhaps you should consider that IS and Al Quaeda are desperate to get their hands on nuclear weapons. It can't be that hard. the Americans made them without any instruction in the 1940s.

Just answer this question. "What will they do when they get a nuclear bomb?"

Edited by exxon

So if we all pool our resources with them we should be able to wipe the scum from the surface of the planet..

No, you miss the point.

The point was the reason why Russia is more successful than Syria et al, would be due to the resources available to Russia. Resources alone won't win the fight, as it hasn't for Russia.

No, you miss the point.

The point was the reason why Russia is more successful than Syria et al, would be due to the resources available to Russia. Resources alone won't win the fight, as it hasn't for Russia.

But as you said. They are doing better than the others. Not fighting these guys isn't an option.

It is you and your ilk that is the problem. Perhaps if you weren't indoctrinated from birth it wouldn't be, and the world could be a better place.

---------- Post added 23-11-2015 at 14:31 ----------

Actually you said that. I merely said it was a consideration.

Well perhaps you should consider that IS and Al Quaeda are desperate to get their hands on nuclear weapons. It can't be that hard. the Americans made them without any instruction in the 1940s.

Perhaps if you wasn't a bigot you would realise that I'm not the problem....

But as you said. They are doing better than the others. Not fighting these guys isn't an option.

I haven't suggested that we don't fight ISIS. Militarily defeating ISIS wouldn't be too difficult. The problem arrises when you need to do it in a way that minimises casualties on our side and the innocent bystanders on their side.

One thing is for sure, we need to get it right because the West's liberal democracies won't tolerate another bloody ten year conflict.

---------- Post added 23-11-2015 at 14:43 ----------

Why we don't we just nuke the entirety of the middle east from Pakistan to Dubai?[/color]

The fact that you'd consider it makes you an extremist.