Shootings and explosions in Paris

Poll added in error  

1. 1. Poll added in error

• Y
    • N

Perhaps you should comment on my posts rather than editing them to read what you want to pick at.

So nothing then, glad to have cleared that one up.

---------- Post added 23-11-2015 at 15:14 ----------

No. I'm more interested in killing IS Muslims. But if any others want to join them I would rather they go over there and get killed than stay here or in Paris and kill civilians. You only have to ask my opinion. It beats making it up and then picking at your own fiction.

Wouldn't a better approach to be stop handing ISIS the propaganda that they use to polarise opinions?

And what part of that are you finding difficult to take in?

I have have no problem taking it in, I'm just struggling to accept that it wasn't a joke. :hihi:

Edited by JFKvsNixon

So nothing then, glad to have cleared that one up.

---------- Post added 23-11-2015 at 15:14 ----------

Wouldn't a better approach to be stop handing ISIS the propaganda that they use to polarise opinions?

I have have no problem taking it in, I'm just struggling to accept that it wasn't a joke. :hihi:

Perhaps try reading about Abdul Qadeer Khan rather than keep making yourself look like an idiot.

Perhaps try reading about Abdul Qadeer Khan rather than keep making yourself look like an idiot.

My point is - it's extremely difficult to build a nuclear bomb. Just to start of with, nowadays getting hold of the equipment to do it is nigh on impossible, why do you think that Iran hasn't managed to do it yet?

The amusing point is that you believe that America doing it in the 1940s without instruction makes it easy! :hihi:

Thanks for that gift, it's tickled me no end.

My point is - it's extremely difficult to build a nuclear bomb. Just to start of with, nowadays getting hold of the equipment to do it is nigh on impossible, why do you think that Iran hasn't managed to do it yet?

The amusing point is that you believe that America doing it in the 1940s without instruction makes it easy! :hihi:

Thanks for that gift, it's tickled me no end.

The fools do tend to laugh at the least thing. America built a nuclear bomb in the 1940s. They had no instructions how to go about it and there were no falicities to manufacture the components and no nuclear facilities anywhere on the planet from which to obtain materials. Yet they managed it. Since then several countries have manufactured nuclear weapons. Several scientists have defected and one of them made a point of passing on the process of making nuclear bombs to pretty much anyone who wanted it. You can probably get all the information you require off the internet.

North Korea, Israel and South Africa all tested nuclear bombs with seemingly limited facilities. Belarus, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, South Africa have had nuclear weapons in the past but claim not to any more.

What it requires more than anything is money and corrupt folk who would like some of it. We know that Sadam Hussein was trying to obtain nuclear weapons. We know Gaddafi was trying to obtain nuclear weapons. We suspect Iran may have succeeded. We know Pakistan certainly did. We also know that IS and AlQaeda have large amounts of cash. IS control cities once held by Sadam Hussein and Gaddafi along with the facilities therein, and have sympathetic support from many Islamic states including ones that already have a nuclear arsenal. Just what makes their aquiring a nuclear weapon seem impossible to you? Perhaps not this month or this year. But over the next decade????????????

To dismiss the idea so easily shows you lack imagination.

Edited by exxon

The fools do tend to laugh at the least thing. America built a nuclear bomb in the 1940s. They had no instructions how to go about it and there were no falicities to manufacture the components and no nuclear facilities anywhere on the planet from which to obtain materials. Yet they managed it. Since then several countries have manufactured nuclear weapons. Several scientists have defected and one of them made a point of passing on the process of making nuclear bombs to pretty much anyone who wanted it.

North Korea, Israel and South Africa all tested nuclear bombs with seemingly limited facilities. What it requires is money. We know that Sadam Hussein was trying to obtain nuclear weapons. We know Gaddafi was trying to obtain nuclear weapons. We suspect Iran may have succeeded. We know Pakistan certainly did. We also know that IS and AlQaeda have large amounts of cash> IS control cities and have sympathetic support from many Islamic states. Just what makes their aquiring a nuclear weapon seem impossible to you? Perhaps not this month or this year. But over the next decade????????????

Maybe if you re-read my posts you may notice I said it was extremely difficult to build a nuclear bomb not impossible.

One tricky part is enriching the uranium or plutonium to a weapons grade state. Buying the centrifuges to get the weapons grade uranium, is nigh on impossible and it would send off a load of alarms. So it wouldn't pass unnoticed. To get the weapons grade plutonium would take a huge processing plant.

There's a reason as to why Iran was failed so far with it's attempts to create a nuclear weapon so far, what makes you think that ISIS could overcome those problems before they're stopped?

ISIS's power comes from it's followers.

ISIS hate the West because more and more Muslims are drawn towards the West's values, freedoms and consumerist lifestyle and turning their back on the extreme conservative lifestyle that ISIS demands, and who can blame them?

ISIS's plan is to create conflict between the West and Muslims to polarise opinions and draw Muslims back into their fold. They'd probably do this via their propaganda which will centre on how the West are hypocrites and their cherished values and freedoms fake because they'll happily kill Muslim women and children.

If our response is out of proportion, as said above ISIS who are skilled propagandists will pull more and more fighters into the conflict and once more we'll be in a bloody ten year struggle that cost us untold lives.

If we can limit the followers that ISIS recruits, and as result limit ISIS's power by sticking to our values and freedoms ISIS cannot win.

Our response should be disproportionate because a proportionate responce won't stop them.

Maybe if you re-read my posts you may notice I said it was extremely difficult to build a nuclear bomb not impossible.

One tricky part is enriching the uranium or plutonium to a weapons grade state. Buying the centrifuges to get the weapons grade uranium, is nigh on impossible and it would send off a load of alarms. So it wouldn't pass unnoticed. To get the weapons grade plutonium would take a huge processing plant.

There's a reason as to why Iran was failed so far with it's attempts to create a nuclear weapon so far, what makes you think that ISIS could overcome those problems before they're stopped?

America exploded the world's first nuclear bomb in 1945. Within 4 years the Soviet Union did the same starting from scratch. Where did they get the centrifuges to obtain weapons grade uranium? Where did they get the know how?

You have no idea whether Iran has failed in its bid to become a nuclear power. But there is also a major difference between getting your hands on enough nuclear material to build a bomb and enough to build a viable arsenal.

America exploded the world's first nuclear bomb in 1945. Within 4 years the Soviet Union did the same starting from scratch. Where did they get the centrifuges to obtain weapons grade uranium? Where did they get the know how?

You have no idea whether Iran has failed in its bid to become a nuclear power. But there is also a major difference between getting your hands on enough nuclear material to build a bomb and enough to build a viable arsenal.

The USSR stole the plans from the Americans, they didn't build it from scratch! This is common knowledge, it is thought that British Spy Klaus Fuchs passed the secrets over to the Soviets.

The USSR stole the plans from the Americans, they didn't build it from scratch! This is common knowledge, it is thought that British Spy Klaus Fuchs passed the secrets over to the Soviets.

Exactly. So it took them less than 4 years to aquire the knowledge and build a bomb. Do you imagine the world has forgotten that knowledge? There was a Pakistani scientist (Abdul Qadeer Khan) selling the secrets around every Muslinm country that wanted it 2 decades back.

The difficult part is making a nucler weapon small enough to fit into a balistic missile. That becomes a lot easier if you merely need it to fit inside a shipping container.