Shootings and explosions in Paris

Poll added in error  

1. 1. Poll added in error

• Y
    • N

All that'll achieve is greater conflict. I'll ask you, what's more important winning the war against ISIS or killing as many Muslims as possible?

It does seem that some are all to ready to use the actions of ISIS to stick it to the Muslims. Don't these people realise that this is exactly the reaction that ISIS wants, they want a general confrontation between the West and the Islamic world.

We'll win if we stick to our principles of being a fair and just society.

---------- Post added 23-11-2015 at 18:31 ----------

That make sense, it's like claiming that Trident is rubbish because it hasn't helped us win the world cup yet. It's not meant to deter terrorists.

My bold=

Sticking it to the Muslims will end up making more join up with IS, I agree with you on this.

That make sense, it's like claiming that Trident is rubbish because it hasn't helped us win the world cup yet. It's not meant to deter terrorists.

I'm not claiming anything, just sounding out your views on the efficacy of trident against a nuclear armed "terrorist state". It's a remote possibility, but imagine IS realises its theocratic caliphate and all the industrial material within it, still an effective deterrent you think?

I'm not claiming anything, just sounding out your views on the efficacy of trident against a nuclear armed "terrorist state". It's a remote possibility, but imagine IS realises its theocratic caliphate and all the industrial material within it, still an effective deterrent you think?

Not against ISIS, can you deter those who are will to die in what they deem to be a holy war?

However, it would be easier to stop ISIS than it would a powerful nation state gaining nuclear weapons in the first place by either stopping their access to the equipment necessary or by taking direct action against ISIS.

So with cases like ISIS, prevention is defiantly the order of the day.

My bold=

Sticking it to the Muslims will end up making more join up with IS, I agree with you on this.

Are you able to explain yourself in the context of IS killing and oppressing far more Muslims than anyone else?

Muslims join IS to kill other Muslims. It's an Islam problem that Muslims should be sorting out but it seems to have been left to governments and their military to sort out while Muslims moan and whine about it from the sidelines.

---------- Post added 23-11-2015 at 19:23 ----------

Not against ISIS, can you deter those who are will to die in what they deem to be a holy war?

They dont need deterring if they are on a one way trip to Paradise. A bomb or bullet will be a permanant solution and everyone's happy, apart from the waiting virgins maybe

Edited by Eric Arthur

They dont need deterring if they are on a one way trip to Paradise. A bomb or bullet will be a permanant solution and everyone's happy, apart from the waiting virgins maybe

Eric, you're desperately naive about the way the world works if you truly believe that. Yes, a bomb or bullet might end an individuals opportunity to wage war,

but it doesn't stop youngsters from joining the fight, indeed it may actively encourage them.

The Soviet Union was an industrialised nation, who's economy was on a war footing, what major industries do ISIS have? Do they have a processing plant? If not how could they build one, and purchase all the equipment needed to without attracting attention?

It sounds like they have half of Syria and half of Iraq and this is 2015 not 1948. There's more technology in the average mobile phone than there was in the Soviet Union in 1948. Certainly Iraq and Syria have major oil, chemical and electrical industries. I'm also pretty sure IS is on a war footing.

How do you think IS got all the military hardware. They captured it from those countries they invaded, along with all the weapons factories, banks, and every other industry that was supplying the armed forces of 2 of the most militaries nations on the planet.

The good news of course is that the Russians managed to kill around 6 million Germans in 4 years using 1940s weapons. Just imagine how many IS they can kill in Syria with the up to date stuff. I'm happy to leave them to mop up there. The rest of us should leave them to it and concentrate on doing the same in Iraq and anywhere else this plague on humanity shows its ugly head.

---------- Post added 23-11-2015 at 19:50 ----------

Eric, you're desperately naive about the way the world works if you truly believe that. Yes, a bomb or bullet might end an individuals opportunity to wage war,

but it doesn't stop youngsters from joining the fight, indeed it may actively encourage them.

We clearly need a lot more bullets then.

Edited by exxon

Ask yourself your own questions.

What's stopping them now? What's encouraging them now?

My bold=

According to the poll done by the Sun, 20% of British muslims already sympathise with those going off to fight in Syria. It's a worrying statistic, although left wing newspapers have been quick to write it off.

According to the poll done by the Sun, 20% of British muslims already sympathise with those going off to fight in Syria. It's a worrying statistic, although left wing newspapers have been quick to write it off.

Surely it is best if those of a mind clear off and join IS rather than cause a problem here. The Russians have sent in ground forces. Let's remember the Russian army had the capability of sweeping across Europe taking on Nato forces. IS on the other hand are only good when fighting unarmed women and children. So it shouldn't take long before Islamic State becomes Islamic Graveyard. I doubt a few hundred more will hold up the job.