Open borders refugee crisis vs ISIL terrorists

In some respects Dubaidani13 is right but he / she has no idea why because they have only got a few memories of a 1950's cartoon.

Few people will have read it. They probably rely on a few vague memories of the animated version, which is actually very good but a few memories of cartoon pigs and a horse doesn't quite get Orwell's message across. The basic message for the plebs is about communism but there's an undertone that reflects Orwell's understanding of the impossibility of changing general human behaviour in any context which is where the success of capitalism and its unavoidable dangers comes in.

You are inferring the capitalism part there I'm afraid which is wrong. The book ends with this: “The creatures looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and it was impossible to say which was which.” (I'm paraphrasing here as I don't have the book to hand). Orwell is saying the pigs became indistinguishable to Man (the farmer) who in turn represented the pre revolution ruling monarchy. No mention of capitalism be it overt or implicit.

On core principles we agree but I'm inferring nothing except the undertone which is well discussed if you've read his other books. It's there in the context of the body of his work, neither specifically overt or implicit, but if you want to nail something down there's the lineage from TRTWP through 1984 to AF. Hindsight works well with authors, unlike open borders. :)

On core principles we agree but I'm inferring nothing except the undertone which is well discussed if you've read his other books. It's there in the context of the body of his work, neither specifically overt or implicit, but if you want to nail something down there's the lineage from TRTWP through 1984 to AF. Hindsight works well with authors, unlike open borders. :)

Eric, You're back tracking now. Dubaidani13 said "the world works on capitalism and unequal power, have you not read George Orwell? Animal farm?".

He made no mention of any other book but directly connected capitalism and Animal farm as some kind of lesson about power. This completely misses the point and totally misunderstands the contents of the book. If he had read it he would know how wrong he is.

Eric, You're back tracking now. Dubaidani13 said "the world works on capitalism and unequal power, have you not read George Orwell? Animal farm?".

He made no mention of any other book but directly connected capitalism and Animal farm as some kind of lesson about power. This completely misses the point and totally misunderstands the contents of the book. If he had read it he would know how wrong he is.

i didnt mean the book said capitalism works i meant that equality in a system like animal farm i.e communism and fake equality does not and the book shows that some are more equal than others? it is human and animal nature to have weak and strong, rich and poor, going back to the original subject equality and open doors for the world would never work.

i didnt mean the book said capitalism works i meant that equality in a system like animal farm i.e communism and fake equality does not and the book shows that some are more equal than others? it is human and animal nature to have weak and strong, rich and poor, going back to the original subject equality and open doors for the world would never work.

It's an intentional linguistic non sequitur, not a financial proposal. :)

Nothing "ever works" if you don't want it to work or put no effort into it working..it's just a defeatist low achieving mentality.