Open borders refugee crisis vs ISIL terrorists

I don't know. There's no easy answers I know. I think it should've been tried though, even some level of effectiveness is better than none. I just fear for the world we're living in now. This latest tragedy has really shaken me. I know that's exactly what the terrorists want but I'm only human.

I think that the open borders argument is a red herring, with the tragedy being used by those that opposed it in the first place.

The days of the rich being able to shut themselves away from the rest of the world to live in isolation are over, and we cannot burry our head on the sand and ignore this fact.

We should have a more proactive strategy directed towards sorting out the problems at their source as opposed to reacting to to events by deciding how to deal with a refugee crisis when they turn up on our doorsteps.

I think that the open borders argument is a red herring, with the tragedy being used by those that opposed it in the first place.

The days of the rich being able to shut themselves away from the rest of the world to live in isolation are over, and we cannot burry our head on the sand and ignore this fact.

We should have a more proactive strategy directed towards sorting out the problems at their source as opposed to reacting to to events by deciding how to deal with a refugee crisis when they turn up on our doorsteps.

Agree the open borders, lock everyone out is just an oversimplistic solution. Its supporters on these forums never elaborate and brush over the practicalities as well as political difficulties in introducing such a policy. They also fail to provide a case as to how and why they think this would be an effective policy to identify a tiny % from 750m people.

What strategy would that be?

Weird isn't it? Jermaine Lindsay's passport, which he inexplicably took on his one way trip from Luton to London, survived the blast when he blew himself up. As did Mohammed Atta's when it fell out of the sky and conveniently landed in a New York street, from an impact that burned hot enough to melt steel. And now this person.

Not forgetting, of course, the Charlie Hebdo assailant who, despite operating in a manner that police described as militarily competent, took his ID card and left it in the get away vehicle. And now this fella, who blew himself up outside the Stade de France but took his passport with him to do so. And it survived the blast. All I can say is they must make their passports out of more robust stuff than ours, cos one of mine got chewed by a dog once and she totalled it. I'm sure it wouldn't have survived a suicide bomb.

Strange indeed my man.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153602263744003&set=p.10153602263744003&type=3&theater

Weird isn't it? Jermaine Lindsay's passport, which he inexplicably took on his one way trip from Luton to London, survived the blast when he blew himself up. As did Mohammed Atta's when it fell out of the sky and conveniently landed in a New York street, from an impact that burned hot enough to melt steel. And now this person.

Not forgetting, of course, the Charlie Hebdo assailant who, despite operating in a manner that police described as militarily competent, took his ID card and left it in the get away vehicle. And now this fella, who blew himself up outside the Stade de France but took his passport with him to do so. And it survived the blast. All I can say is they must make their passports out of more robust stuff than ours, cos one of mine got chewed by a dog once and she totalled it. I'm sure it wouldn't have survived a suicide bomb.

Even stranger is why one of the suicide bombers left his finger behind :rolleyes:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3319127/First-Jihadi-suicide-bomber-Paris-terrorist-attacks-identified-finger.html