Watered down beer in Sheffield

banjodeano

Agree Carlsberg is quite possibly the worst lager anywhere,worse than Carling which basically has no taste.

I notice its often the cheapest I often wonder if they make it deliberately bad so people pay more next time!

Interestingly the one they serve on the continent is different and quite nice its also stronger at 5%

I agree and think amstel is leagues above, totally enjoy amstel when in town.

I remember when I used to go to Roxy. Wednesday was student night, and they had free beer to a set time. They must have watered it down as it was the only time i could regularly down pints! :hihi:

That was Hoffmeister, I remember it well. No need to water it down at 3.2% either! Used to preload with a bottle of wine before going.

That was Hoffmeister, I remember it well. No need to water it down at 3.2% either! Used to preload with a bottle of wine before going.

Hoffmeister - follow the bear!

If I remember correctly at Leeds Festival a few years ago they promised every one camping a free pint and burger. When i got there there was a load of discarded full cans of Hoffmeister everywhere, the free pint was Hoffmeister and people would rather throw it away than carry it to their camps.

As mentioned prior....i gave them the benefit of doubt that the pipes may still have had water in from being cleaned...against my better judgement i tried a second.....

I collared the lad behind the bar and asked who was in charge,and told him he was watering his beer down, all behind the bar dismissed the claim as rubbish.

I pointed out that i had many many beers in my lifetime, and that i had drank John Smiths all over the place....and you can say what you like, but i know that beer is watered down.......the Amstel lager i tried didnt taste much better, that also tasted weak, but i didnt want t kick off about that, although i guessed it was watered down.....but the Beer...without doubt was watered, i gave it my partner to taste, and she said "it tastes just like water"

:suspect::suspect::suspect:

Why don't you just try drinking proper ale instead of all this chemical filled keg rubbish? Sheffield is blessed with a brilliant selection of pubs selling real ale, hand-pulled, fermented in the barrel. If you prefer to drink chemicals, or beer that is topped with nitrogen, then don't expect it to taste very good.

Why don't you just try drinking proper ale instead of all this chemical filled keg rubbish? Sheffield is blessed with a brilliant selection of pubs selling real ale, hand-pulled, fermented in the barrel. If you prefer to drink chemicals, or beer that is topped with nitrogen, then don't expect it to taste very good.

Because we were invited to a party at this place,and they didnt have any real ales there,

On a side note, i do like strong dark beer, having brewed my own for the last 25 years

I've always thought that the water you get served in pubs has beer added to it to give it a taste, mainly for the younger end who have never tasted the difference from Smiths Magnet, Stones, to Wards best bitter.

I can never understand the all these designer beers are raved about, they are rubbish.