Business Owner arrested for No Muslims sign

Can't really understand why this woman was arrested.A couple of weeks ago there was an article in a national newspaper(which was shown on the Bing news site) saying a young black woman had been arrested for posting on Twitter and Facebook that all white men should be killed,she had also organised a meeting and banned all white men.The Crown Prosecution decided not to prosecute her saying her comments had not really caused any harm and after all she had a right to freedom of speech and was entitled to say what she really thought.There were,of course,dozens of comments saying if this had been a white woman saying all blacks should be killed,she would have been arrested and charged quicker than you could say "race relations".It will be really interesting to see how this progresses.

Twitter post actually, not a sign, but still, she deserves arresting for being so stupid.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11997334/Woman-arrested-over-beauty-salons-no-Muslims-Paris-attack-post.html

Where as this is obviously wrong, I'm interested in how many anti-semitic, homophobic, anti-west tweets go unpunished.

Edited by Berberis

Can't really understand why this woman was arrested.A couple of weeks ago there was an article in a national newspaper(which was shown on the Bing news site) saying a young black woman had been arrested for posting on Twitter and Facebook that all white men should be killed,she had also organised a meeting and banned all white men.The Crown Prosecution decided not to prosecute her saying her comments had not really caused any harm and after all she had a right to freedom of speech and was entitled to say what she really thought.There were,of course,dozens of comments saying if this had been a white woman saying all blacks should be killed,she would have been arrested and charged quicker than you could say "race relations".It will be really interesting to see how this progresses.

I note that there was a thread on here asking people to boycott israeli owned businesses and products. I wonder how long a thread would last if it were asking the same boycott to be applied to muslim owned businesses?

That's strange, I read that the charges had been dropped because there was not enough evidence to provide a realistic prospect of conviction.

Where as this is obviously wrong, I'm interested in how many anti-emetic, homophobic, anti-west tweets go unpunished.

Yeah, if you are going to start enforcing hatred laws then it needs to be done transparently and fairly. However don't forget confirmation bias and the awful media. There may well have been lots of arrests and people charge with regards to homophobic, sexist or 'anti-western' (is that an actual crime?!?!)tweets, but we just don't get any coverage of them. If you are really interested, I'm sure a FOI request might get the answers.

I note that there was a thread on here asking people to boycott israeli owned businesses and products. I wonder how long a thread would last if it were asking the same boycott to be applied to muslim owned businesses?

I would boycott Muslim businesses if the owner stipulated "no Christians allowed".

"Asking" to boycott isn't the same as refusing to admit on racial religious grounds.

I think the "Israeli" thread was long before your time. :roll: