Business Owner arrested for No Muslims sign

This has gone a bit off topic.

What do the intrepid forumers of Sheffield think about the wider implications of this? Should we be able to refuse service to people as a result of any belief? Or, should religion be treated differently to other beliefs?

Should someone be able to refuse service for, say a racist? Or should said racist be able to shop where they like as long as they don't break any laws?

You already can. A pub can happily boot someone out for being a racist for example, or simply because they don't like them. It's only if you do it specifically for one of the protected critera, eg race, religeon, sex, age etc that there is a problem.

each of the brothers had a twin sister who they married. It is thought that an argument over who was going to marry a third sister led to Cain slaying Abel. Abel being the first human to die.

But neither left descendants. Everyone descends from Adam and Eve's third son, Seth (who was Noah's ancestor).

You already can. A pub can happily boot someone out for being a racist for example, or simply because they don't like them. It's only if you do it specifically for one of the protected critera, eg race, religeon, sex, age etc that there is a problem.

I know they can, I was gauging opinion.

Do you think it is right? You can't change your race, sex or age, but you can change your beliefs (I used to believe that England had a good chance of winning football tournaments).

You cannot change being a Muslim without risk to your life....

As for believing that England could win oh dear. You can get professional medical help for that you know. Go to the nearest dispensary (called a "Pub") and take a prescription of White Lightning. Drink until comatose.

It doesnt solve the belief problems but it makes the disappointment easier to bear :-)

Me, I prefer to believe we can win the Ashes. I'm doing reasonably well so far without using drugs. I think you need to come join us :-)

Laughable really,but yet 84% of the worlds population believe in a god.I suspect IQ has something to do with it as well.:hihi::hihi:

Some great scientists from our history believed in God so I doubt it's anything to do with a low IQ.

As do many today- so to suggest that believing in God means having a lower IQ is just a play on words.

Atheism doesn't own science, in fact it has nothing to do with science- that is something some atheists seem to jump on...I thought it was 'just a lack of belief'...or is it non belief...or was it 'someone who doesn't believe in God...I am sure you guys will work it out one day.

Some great scientists from our history believed in God so I doubt it's anything to do with a low IQ.

As do many today- so to suggest that believing in God means having a lower IQ is just a play on words.

Atheism doesn't own science, in fact it has nothing to do with science- that is something some atheists seem to jump on...I thought it was 'just a lack of belief'...or is it non belief...or was it 'someone who doesn't believe in God...I am sure you guys will work it out one day.

It's not a play on words, it is the aggregate result of a multitude of peer reviewed studies across a variety of different cultures and nations.

Athieism is indeed nothing to do with science, it is just the absence of belief in a ludicrous kids story that is absolutely unscientific.