Do you keep your central heating on over night?

Mines on a timer, on at 6am-8am so it's warm to wake up to and then again 6pm-8pm. There's definitely a chill in the air now so we need it on but I can't sleep with it on I have done it by mistake before and we woke up feeling all stuffy

Even if you turn it down low, what's the lowest you can turn it down?

I`ve heard it said that it is waste to have it on through the night while in bed. If cold in bed the way to go is more layers on the bed. If -7 degrees was forcast like we had a few years ago,I would leave CH on and would set the room thermostat to 10 or 12 while in bed just to stop the pipes in the loft from freezing.

Right down to number 1,

When cold, right up to number 11

I've yet to use the central heating...it's still very mild.

They are not numbers from your room thermostat are they, I mean such as 0 degrees up to 30 degrees max?

I`ve heard it said that it is waste to have it on through the night while in bed. If cold in bed the way to go is more layers on the bed. If -7 degrees was forcast like we had a few years ago,I would leave CH on and would set the room thermostat to 10 or 12 while in bed just to stop the pipes in the loft from freezing.

Central heating off, I have an electric blanket. I only turn my central heating on for an hour at a time, I have never set the timer.