Do you keep your central heating on over night?

Having a dab on is overly warm/ sweating.

I was never in the forces...someone suggested they must have heard it there.

No....born and lived in Sheffield for 60 years...and we always referred to being too hot as having a dab on.

Surprised no one else has heard of it.

I've heard it both in Sheffield and South Wales - and use the term myself occasionally when I've worked up a sweat - like walking up the hill to the pub :)

Though I do hate to be cold, I usually only have the central heating on for a couple of hours a day unless it is snowy weather. We never use the timer - just put the heating on when cold. Cannot stand being over hot in the night so would not have it on then. There is a gas stove in the living room and the pilot light keeps the stove very warm all the time so that room is never cold. I get up early and have a long walk before breakfast so don't feel too cold in the mornings. When we do put the heating on - at around 13 -15 degrees it is very hot in the house. My only issue is the bathroom is ****** freezing as it does not have a radiator but one of those stupid towel heaters. Trust me - they do not work.