Energy Tariffs how to get the best deals?

My 5 year fixed rate duel fuel thing finishes next month- so I haven't had to think about energy costs since 2010- can anyone suggest how to go about getting the best deal? I'm not inclined to spend days trawling through comparison sites if there's a cleverer way to go about it?

My 5 year fixed rate duel fuel thing finishes next month- so I haven't had to think about energy costs since 2010- can anyone suggest how to go about getting the best deal? I'm not inclined to spend days trawling through comparison sites if there's a cleverer way to go about it?

You don't have to spend days trawling through sites.

Put your details a site like Go Compare or Meercat, and it does it all for you

My 5 year fixed rate duel fuel thing finishes next month- I'm not inclined to spend days trawling through comparison sites if there's a cleverer way to go about it?

There is a cleverer way for people like you :loopy: ask on this forum and the gullible will search for you :rant: if you can't be arsed to try and save your own money why should anyone else :roll: I'm on a good cheap plan and found it quite easy. Some people are so lazy :roll:

There is a cleverer way for people like you :loopy: ask on this forum and the gullible will search for you :rant: if you can't be arsed to try and save your own money why should anyone else :roll: I'm on a good cheap plan and found it quite easy. Some people are so lazy :roll:

He's already posted that he knows one way... and I'll bet someone showed you how to get a good deal as well... :roll:

OP: comparison sites are usually the best way but you will find since 2010 that most companies have been required to simplify their tarriff offerings so it does make it a lot easier these days and quicker.

Moneysavingexpert and go compare and the meekkat are the ones I'd visit myself as others have posted.

He's already posted that he knows one way... and I'll bet someone showed you how to get a good deal as well... :roll:

OP: comparison sites are usually the best way but you will find since 2010 that most companies have been required to simplify their tarriff offerings so it does make it a lot easier these days and quicker.

Moneysavingexpert and go compare and the meekkat are the ones I'd visit myself as others have posted.

I have to agree with you that it simplified things when the government interfered, but the trouble was that the energy companies then simplified the prices upwards. What did the government think they would do, I ask?

Before that you could work out the cheapest tariff but it was too complicated for the many that couldn't be bothered, so we lost out.