Calling all Muslims!

Have you heard of a campaign Called not in my name.

Please join if you agree that not all Muslims are murderous treacherous and merciless. The British People as a whole need to see your feelings on what is happening through out the world and not in your name. http://www.isisnotinmyname.com/

:)

Just Highlight and Lift to the search bar. :)

While I understand the sentiments here I find it sad that Muslims have to do this. Is there a website for all Christians who can sat Anders Brevik didn't kill in their name? Or Buddhist monks who are setting people on fire. Can they join too? What about atheist serial killers? Can atheists make it known that not all atheists kill?

While I understand the sentiments here I find it sad that Muslims have to do this. Is there a website for all Christians who can sat Anders Brevik didn't kill in their name? Or Buddhist monks who are setting people on fire. Can they join too? What about atheist serial killers? Can atheists make it known that not all atheists kill?

I see your point, but these people are claiming to be defending Muslims from the rest of the world. We need people to stand up and say No, not in my name and stop using my religion as an excuse. We, the west do not have the authority to do this as we are not Muslim countries and while silence for some is their way of opposing these kinds of terrorists, it does nothing to help show the world there is opposition from within.

Feeling uneasy about standing up and saying not in my name is by far better then sitting on your hands and letting the world fall apart around your ears. I know if someone claimed to be defending me, or representing me in any way by carrying out killings like this, I would certainly make others aware its not in my name.

Edited by Berberis

On the flip side (if there aren't any such sites) you could ask why these Christians and Buddhists don't feel the need to speak out against atrocities committed by other members of their religions, are they comfortable with it?

Atheists, while there are killers who are without belief in any gods, their acts are not carried out in the name of any absent gods. Atheism (obviously) isn't a religion. It'd be like people who don't wear denim speaking out against crimes committed by other people who don't wear denim.

It is a bit different in terms of scale. With regards to atheists, you can't really group people by an absence of belief, it is stupid.

It is a bit different in terms of scale. With regards to atheists, you can't really group people by an absence of belief, it is stupid.

In terms of scale? You might want to go and look up numbers of people killed by different religious groups in terror attacks. In fact I'll save you the trouble, and this has gone up massively too. 'Muslim' related terror groups were responsible for just 6% of all deaths carried out by religious based terror groups. Until this year it was 2%. Now Islam is the 2nd biggest religion in the world so you'd expect those numbers to be considerably higher.

I'll let you pick your own source so I can't be accused of linking to some unbelievable leftie rag...:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=percentage+of+terror+attacks+by+religion&meta=&safe=active&gws_rd=ssl

When are the 94% going to come out and say those attacks weren't in my name?

In terms of scale? You might want to go and look up numbers of people killed by different religious groups in terror attacks. In fact I'll save you the trouble, and this has gone up massively too. 'Muslim' related terror groups were responsible for just 6% of all deaths carried out by religious based terror groups. Until this year it was 2%. Now Islam is the 2nd biggest religion in the world so you'd expect those numbers to be considerably higher.

I'll let you pick your own source so I can't be accused of linking to some unbelievable leftie rag...:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=percentage+of+terror+attacks+by+religion&meta=&safe=active&gws_rd=ssl

When are the 94% going to come out and say those attacks weren't in my name?

That report stops in 2005....what's happened since then? Genuine question.. could you give all the other "religious" terror attacks..? Not having a pop..just want to see what the full picture is in your view..

On the flip side (if there aren't any such sites) you could ask why these Christians and Buddhists don't feel the need to speak out against atrocities committed by other members of their religions, are they comfortable with it?.

Not really the same as there are no Buddhist or Christian organisations claiming to be defending all of their region against a foe by killing indiscriminately in the way we have seen in Paris a few days ago.