Parents to pay £50 towards school running costs.

Another factor would be SEN. SEN is taken a lot more seriously nowadays with more time money and effort made to fulfil the needs associated with providing an education to SEN pupils.

Ok, I admit all I am doing is providing suggestions, but I think I have provided a reasonable case for where the increase in education spending has being spent.

Qualitatively, your case has merit.

But anecdotally, my impression is that there's a lot of "nice to have" spending in a large fraction of schools, which could still be slimmed down.

As I said earlier, I think that there are various reasons why a few schools are really struggling. Some will be badly run. Others will have fallen foul of the pigs breakfast which is the current schools funding formula.

I understand that this formula is under review, so expect it to get a lot worse initially as the government never gets anything right first time, and then later get fixed up hopefully into something better than we have now.

IT kit is getting cheaper..you get more bang for your buck these days..

That is very true, but what is worth mentioning is some organisations get incredibly poor deals on the kit they buy.

They go through a middleman reseller, and get totally screwed over by financing/servicing contracts, some can end up paying easily 5X the actual value of the laptop.

All just because of very very poor contract work.

I understand that this formula is under review, so expect it to get a lot worse initially as the government never gets anything right first time, and then later get fixed up hopefully into something better than we have now.

Lol. Second quote in a couple of days from you that has hit the mark :)

No one seems to have mentioned the 'postcode lottery' of per capita funding for pupils in different parts of the country, with some schools receiving £2,000 less per pupil than schools in other areas.

How can that be fair?

I've criticised the schools funding formula on 2 separate occasions.

No one seems to have mentioned the 'postcode lottery' of per capita funding for pupils in different parts of the country, with some schools receiving £2,000 less per pupil than schools in other areas.

How can that be fair?

Anna you did well in failing to mention which article it was from.

Its a consultation bearing in mind increased expenses that will by default reduce the amount available to spend on pupils. Its non compulsory and the head was just sounding people out.

At least the head raised the issue and is keeping parents informed.

Anna you did well in failing to mention which article it was from.

Its a consultation bearing in mind increased expenses that will by default reduce the amount available to spend on pupils. Its non compulsory and the head was just sounding people out.

At least the head raised the issue and is keeping parents informed.

Yes, I know it's a consultation, which is why I was also consulting the members of SF to see what they thought.

A point for discussion, that's all.

Does the measure of inflation take into account the costs associated with providing an education?

The report I posted earlier suggests that unlike healthcare inflation which runs a little higher than CPI, school cost inflation runs a little lower.