Junior Doctors row: 98% vote to strike

It looks like we're coming to the end game with the junior doctor strike. It seems the government are going to impose the new contract onto the junior doctors, so they are going to have to take the pay cut and work the extra hours whether they like it or not.

Then that will leave them with the following options:

1. More industrial action.

2. Choice of leaving the NHS.

It will also further demoralise and make it a less attractive option. Having terms unilaterally imposed upon you is very bad news for industrial relations. There arent many groups who have public support, but that for Drs is greater than that for politicians.

End game? It's a different phase. The thing the politicians get wrong is telling the Drs they are being misled by their representatives. Considering Dr's are some of the brightest people around I'm sure they are capable of making their own minds up as to what's on offer.

It looks like we're coming to the end game with the junior doctor strike. It seems the government are going to impose the new contract onto the junior doctors, so they are going to have to take the pay cut and work the extra hours whether they like it or not.

Junior doctors' pay: a short introduction to the dispute.

https://fullfact.org/health/junior-doctors-pay-short-introduction-dispute/

The new contract looks more like a pay rise than a pay cut.

The terms and conditions look reasonable to me as does the 11% pay rise.

I think he's saying you dont understand the full implications from a Dr's perspective. It may suit some, but that appears to be a minority. The 11% payrise is only a headline figure and doesnt reflect the change in hours and cuts in overtime pay etc. Imposing the contract on them is a bad idea.

I think he's saying you dont understand the full implications from a Dr's perspective. It may suit some, but that appears to be a minority. The 11% payrise is only a headline figure and doesnt reflect the change in hours and cuts in overtime pay etc. Imposing the contract on them is a bad idea.

Allowing the employee to dictate the terms of their employment is a worse idea. The changes in hours looks to be designed to reduce the total number of hours they are allowed to work, which isn't a bad idea. The government have compromised through the negotiations, the doctors appear to be uncompromising.