Junior Doctors row: 98% vote to strike

Because they're not factory workers like you mate :rolleyes:

I would not want a tired doctor treating me :loopy:

And the fact that there has been a 98% agreement

Means that the government's 'forced contract'

Stinks to high heaven :gag:

Ha Ha factory worker !!! no pal i run my own business and yes sometimes i have to work 7 days, how about you? JSA?

why tired doctors? they will be on a rota system.

the public are not 98% in favour?

its not forced its evolved it has to change.

your opinion!:gag:

So now the Junior Doctors are upping the stakes for the public, by striking on emergency cover also now? disgusting! you are going against everything your profession is there for! 7 days operation of All depts is how it should be and that means All depts. most people work 7 days on a rota basis so why not you?

There IS emergency cover and patients on the wards WILL be seen - by Consultants today and tomorrow.

How would that work out for everyone? If this happened, would you consider this a success for Hunt?

That's not relevant, you asked what else they could do, I just gave them an alternative, one that I have used in the past, I wasn't happy with a change in my terms of employment so I quit and found a job I was happy with. The employer will have no doubt found someone to replace me that was happy with the terms of employment.

Because they're not factory workers like you mate :rolleyes:

I would not want a tired doctor treating me :loopy:

And the fact that there has been a 98% agreement

Means that the government's 'forced contract'

Stinks to high heaven :gag:

Then you should support the change in their contract.

I have had minor contract changes throughout my career. I have also worked is businesses where very highly qualified and important people have also had changes. Maybe not as large a change as this one for the NHS but still changes. The thing is, junior doctors are not going to get their training elsewhere. Qualified doctors are the ones who have the opportunity to work the world over, but you can't hop on a plain and be trained as a doctor in Australia for example, they want qualified doctors. Junior doctors do not have the country over a barrel as much as they think.

I think that you need to do a bit more background reading on the subject.

Just like you, the junior doctors have had their contract changed through out their career, it's the actual change that they're striking over. Also, you're wrong, of course junior doctors can go to Australia to complete their training.

Do you know that "junior doctor" title covers all the doctors working in the hospital from house officer to senior registrar. Consultants are the only medics that aren't a junior doctor. So you're talking about people who may have ten years experience of being a doctor on top of their 5 years at university.

Edited by JFKvsNixon

There IS emergency cover and patients on the wards WILL be seen - by Consultants today and tomorrow.

i dont doubt there will be some cover, but only for life threatening cases on the whole and then the poor nurses will get the brunt of it firefighting, the consultants will also have more than enough to do, so yes the service will suffer and that is disgusting.

That's not relevant, you asked what else they could do, I just gave them an alternative, one that I have used in the past, I wasn't happy with a change in my terms of employment so I quit and found a job I was happy with. The employer will have no doubt found someone to replace me that was happy with the terms of employment.

As I said, that's exactly what the teachers have done and look at the mess we are in now with schools unable to recruit and sixth formers teaching pupils lower down the school in some subjects!

The public have stood for the above, bizarrely but I can't see them wanting a sixth form biology student performing their neuro-surgery.