Junior Doctors row: 98% vote to strike

I am wholly disinterested in party politics -and I certainly don't 'hate' any party - so your wrong on that one.

What facts am I ignoring ?

Are you using 'unknowing' as another persona ?

The fact that the new contract makes it safer for patients and doctors because it reduces the number of hours a doctor can work, it reduces the number on conceptive shifts a doctor can work, it will result in them being less tired.

The fact that the old contract allowed them to work more hours than is considered safe. The fact they didn't choose to strike about the old unsafe contract yet some claim they are striking because the new safer contract is unsafe.

---------- Post added 26-04-2016 at 16:42 ----------

The NHS funding has increased, but nearly enough to cover the challenges that Health care price inflation, increasing population, ageing population and increased illnesses has brought about.

You also have to take into account what we spend on the NHS and peoples expectations of it. Compared to other comparable countries, we spend less and maybe people expect more of the NHS. So this is another challenge that the NHS has had to overcome.

But we spend significantly more on welfare, we can't do both, maybe the answer is to cut the welfare bill, get more people into work and cut the number of immigrants coming here because they are the primary cause of population growth.

The NHS funding has increased, but nearly enough to cover the challenges that Health care price inflation, increasing population, ageing population and increased illnesses has brought about.

You also have to take into account what we spend on the NHS and peoples expectations of it. Compared to other comparable countries, we spend less and maybe people expect more of the NHS. So this is another challenge that the NHS has had to overcome.

I completely sympathise with the doctors over this but the NHS wastes millions daily. Unless it involves a pay rise the NHS (and most other public services I suppose) are resistant to change.

That said, saving the few quid they could still wont pay for a 7 day NHS. But it would help.

I completely sympathise with the doctors over this but the NHS wastes millions daily. Unless it involves a pay rise the NHS (and most other public services I suppose) are resistant to change.

That said, saving the few quid they could still wont pay for a 7 day NHS. But it would help.

This doesn't help.

NHS losing billions to 'fraud by doctors and dentists'

Up to £5.7 billion a year could be lost by the NHS to fraud by patients and staff, a new report has claimed.

Or this.

NHS doctors are ripping off the health service by fraudulently obtaining thousands of pounds worth of drugs and hospital treatment for overseas friends and family, a Mail on Sunday investigation has found.

Edited by sutty27

This doesn't help.

NHS losing billions to 'fraud by doctors and dentists'

Up to £5.7 billion a year could be lost by the NHS to fraud by patients and staff, a new report has claimed.

Or this.

NHS doctors are ripping off the health service by fraudulently obtaining thousands of pounds worth of drugs and hospital treatment for overseas friends and family, a Mail on Sunday investigation has found.

This sounds very much like propaganda to me, intended to turn the public against the striking doctors.

That doesn't answer my question.

What about this one from 2014.

NHS fraud and error 'costing the UK £7bn a year'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-26654001

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03ywhjs

Your point being what ? That financial errors are costing quite staggering amount of money - possibly right - not sure what that has to do with the thread - maybe start a new one fraud in the NHS

Your point being what ? That financial errors are costing quite staggering amount of money - possibly right - not sure what that has to do with the thread - maybe start a new one fraud in the NHS

My point is clear when you read the post I responded to and the post before that and the one before that, you will always be confused if you look at posts in isolation.

My point is clear when you read the post I responded to and the post before that and the one before that, you will always be confused if you look at posts in isolation.

I know the point you are trying to make, trying being the operative word.

The links you post are supposedly in answer to a poster suggesting that organ of truth and mainstream comment the daily mail was spouting govt spin in a rather poor (even for the DM its rubbish) attempt to suggest that doctors are 'ripping off the NHS'

Try your inbox pal central office will have new stuff for you to spout I am sure.