Junior Doctors row: 98% vote to strike

It's a wonder that the idiot hasn't been forced to resign yet. He couldn't be mismanaging the situation much worse.

He's being the hatchet man for all the changes that the government wants to force upon the NHS, it's more than likely that the compromise that both side will agree upon will be close to what the government wanted all along. I think that it'll look something like a 6 day week, with Saturday not being a normal day but a lot more increased productivity.

When the reforms that are wanted look like they're going through, Hunt will go and someone else will come in to rebuild the relationships.

• 1 month later...

I thought I'd add to this debate by posting a moving article written by a junior doctor in today's Guardian:

http://www.theguardian.com/healthcare-network/views-from-the-nhs-frontline/2016/jan/05/doctor-suicide-hospital-nhs

It lays bare the emotional cost of caring that doctors have to bear. The same emotional cost, and consequent burn out & proneness to mental health difficulties can be seen in nurses, social workers and support workers too.

Good luck to the doctors.

Good luck to them indeed !

The ones that really care are the ones who become ill because they try to go above and beyond the call of duty. This applies to nurses too. The problem is the the NHS will let them and they end up burnt out and ill.

Please support the doctors - all of us want a happy and healthy NHS surely ?

I'd sack the lot of them who strike.

Don't be absurd. The participants are the most conscientious and dedicated group of professionals in the country.

There are moves afoot, by this government to introduce anti-trade union legislation, that will make it almost impossible to organise strike action.

I suppose that would suit you down to the ground.

Point of fact. Under current trade union law. If the action is the result of a lawful ballot and then the employer sacks the employee. The employee then has grounds for "Unfair Dismissal". You end up at a Tribunal . And that's not

where an intelligent employer wants to be.

Edited by petemcewan

Don't be absurd. The participants are the most conscientious and dedicated group of professionals in the country.

There are moves afoot, by this government to introduce anti-trade union legislation. that will make it almost impossible to organise strike action.

I suppose that would suit you down to the ground.

Underlined: :huh: obviously sarcasm :hihi:

bold: How did you come to that conclusion?

---------- Post added 06-01-2016 at 02:42 ----------

And replace them with who?

er foreign staff? After all, 25% of the NHS is propped up with foreign staff.

We can do a simple exchange. All the ones holding banners threatening to go and work abroad, can do just that, and we can take people who want to work here in our amazing NHS :)

Edited by *_ash_*