Meadowhall extension plans

Secondly, Meadowhall and their Retail Park have exactly the same type of parasite parking company fining or as you say "ripping off" customers in exactly the same way. Do you really think any new Meadowhall development would be exempt from that?

Have they reinstated a company then? I remember years ago when many people complained about the parking company, so they got rid of them.

I fully agree that the parking is totally inadequate at Centertainment and they employ a parasite private parking company to rip off their own customers

Er, no. The landowner engages the parking contractor.

The business owners (e.g. Cineworld, the myriad restaurants, etc.) don't and they have no say in it.

Er, no. The landowner engages the parking contractor.

The business owners (e.g. Cineworld, the myriad restaurants, etc.) don't and they have no say in it.

Well they probably could if they wanted to.

Cineworld especially are the anchor business for the entire complex, if they kick up a stink I'm sure the land owners would appease them.

But you can't get everything you need,well,unless you eat out all the time and have no food at all at home.

It has the M&S foodhall, although I wouldn't want to try to do a full food shop at meadowhall when there are perfectly good supermarkets available elsewhere (not in the city centre though, I wouldn't go there for a food shop either).

---------- Post added 18-05-2016 at 10:36 ----------

There is only a problem parking at Centretainment is when there is something on at the arena when everyone tries to park for free.

There was no parking space on the last bank holiday and nothing on at the arena... Just a rainy bank holiday Monday.

It has the M&S foodhall, although I wouldn't want to try to do a full food shop at meadowhall when there are perfectly good supermarkets available elsewhere (not in the city centre though, I wouldn't go there for a food shop either).

There was no parking space on the last bank holiday and nothing on at the arena... Just a rainy bank holiday Monday.

Centertainment is a dreadful experience from beginning to end IMHO, made worse by the trawl around the car park looking for the same space as dozens of other drivers.

O'k Cyclone. Then it appears you could shop there and nowhere else.

O'k Cyclone. Then it appears you could shop there and nowhere else.

You probably could, if you wished.

---------- Post added 19-05-2016 at 12:14 ----------

Centertainment is a dreadful experience from beginning to end IMHO, made worse by the trawl around the car park looking for the same space as dozens of other drivers.

If you go on a weeknight, relatively early, then you can drive straight into a parking space. By a coffee from Starbucks and walk into a quiet cinema screen to watch your film.

When it's busy though it's pretty unpleasant (much like meadowhell).

Thing is though it should be designed/laid out for the busy times not just normal traffic.

If you have to make a special effort or go at a certain time to get a parking spot then it's just not worth the bother for many people.

In hindsight putting it opposite the Arena wasn't an amazing idea, but it's not amazingly laid out either.