Cinema bans lord prayer ad

The snippet showing the process of the indoctrination of young children was really depressing (this applies to any religion by the way, before anyone has a pop).

The preparation of another generation of recruits for the cult is not great.

The cinema chain is perfectly correct to ban advertising designed to encourage belief in the supernatural, particularly when targeting the vulnerable and naïve.

If you have access to Netflix, have a look at 'Jesus Camp'. Takes indoctrination to a new level.

The think I found most surprising about all this was when I was listening to R5 and some woman came on saying it would offend her to see the ad because she was an agnostic. Unless she`s got the definition wrong (and is actually an atheist) I don`t understand how someone who doesn`t know whether God exists or not could be upset by the advert !

Actually it was to highlight the contradiction with cinemas and street corners, specifically in regard to Jehovah's Witnesses.

As for your point about other religions, they're all fair game.

Every literature displays kart is approved by the local council (very un-cult like you think ?)

---------- Post added 24-11-2015 at 17:04 ----------

Free choice is the order of the day :)

Also if a Muslim advert from the Koran was at cinema I would not need to object . it's all learning after all .

I don't need to have the crying abdabs over other people's beliefs :shakes::shakes::shakes:;) LP

Every literature displays kart is approved by the local council (very un-cult like you think ?)

Cult - a system of religious veneration and devotion directed towards a particular figure or object.

I don't think council approval of a display kart has anything to do with it.

The think I found most surprising about all this was when I was listening to R5 and some woman came on saying it would offend her to see the ad because she was an agnostic. Unless she`s got the definition wrong (and is actually an atheist) I don`t understand how someone who doesn`t know whether God exists or not could be upset by the advert !

Maybe she's got the definition right but just didn't disclose if she's an agnostic atheist or an agnostic theist