Cinema bans lord prayer ad

Yes, pretty much.

I wonder if he's about to try claiming that atheism's a religion...

---------- Post added 25-11-2015 at 10:11 ----------

They already have, it seems some places do not have Christmas on their radar, Winterval is the PC term they use.

Angel1.

Can you name one of these places where Christmas is banned?

So that would include every religion ?

Some religions are more cult like than others, for example your cult the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Here's a list of things your organisation does that are very cult like:

-They have falsely predicted the end of the world at least 5 times.

-They have been known to shun and disown people who leave, even close family members. (I personally know someone who's been affected by this)

-Questioning the leadership is completely not allowed in pretty much any form (even though they keep getting the end of the world wrong).

Here's a little extract from one of your co-religionists who felt the need to escape your cult.

"As I continued my exit strategy, I was told by a few former Jehovah’s Witnesses that I was part of a cult. This entire concept wasn’t just new to me, but exceedingly baffling too. I thought cult members wore tunics, carried daggers, and sacrificed virgins. Who would have thought that a group of loving, smiling people from all nations were actually part of a cult? No, there had to be some mistake!

There was no mistake. In 2009, I purchased the Steven Hassan book, Combatting Cult Mind Control, which made me aware of how high control groups (cults) work. I want to share with you some of the points that I found really interesting. If you’ve read this fascinating book, you’ll know all about the BITE model. If you’re unsure, here’s a summary of it:

Behavioural Control

Information Control

Thought Control

Emotional Control

Now then, let’s see if the BITE model can be found in the Watchtower Society’s publications"

Short answer, yes every bit of it.

Well, it seems that the Church were not too honest about their claims. Who would Adam & Eve it?

Filming the advert after being told that it would not be allowed, and then complaining about discrimination.

http://www.secularism.org.uk/blog/2015/12/time-for-the-church-to-come-clean-on-the-just-pray-controversy

So the Church was told initially on 3 August that cinemas would not screen the advert. The Church was then told definitively on 16 September by Paul Maloney, DCM's Finance and Operations Director (presumably a far more senior member of staff than the Church's initial email contact) that "we will be unable to take forward the proposed Church of England advertising campaign." Despite this, in October, the Church was still filming at least one scene for the advert (the wedding), registering the website URL and possibly even shooting the opening scene in the full knowledge that the advert would not be screened in cinemas – they clearly had other plans for it.

:suspect: