Cinema bans lord prayer ad

I am a christian and I don't mind the Lords prayer not been played at the cinema .I go to the cinema to watch a film and eat popcorn . :D

It's a shame your cult wastes so much time standing on street corners, with such useful guidance as 'Is Santa real', or I may have read it incorrectly as 'Is Satan real'.

It's a shame your cult wastes so much time standing on street corners, with such useful guidance as 'Is Santa real', or I may have read it incorrectly as 'Is Satan real'.
Completely uncalled for in the context of their post.

Cowardly as well as you wouldn't dare to post similarly aggressive comments to any religion other than Christian.

Cowardly as well as you wouldn't dare to post similarly aggressive comments to any religion other than Christian.

I would doubt the validity of that statement, as I understand that there are very few religions that believe their omnipotent being wishes those who believe in him to be violent or intolerant.

That said, the Christian God was not averse to a bout of smiting in times gone by. Indeed the Bible has a great many sections in which it portrays it's GOd as being very harsh indeed, so one might argue that the poster above is very brave indeed.

Actually it was to highlight the contradiction with cinemas and street corners, specifically in regard to Jehovah's Witnesses.

As for your point about other religions, they're all fair game.

Seems to me that lashing out at Christianity is the acceptable way to bash religion, when in reality most people are wanting to lash out at Islam, but probably fear being labelled Islamophobic. There is an earlier post by Zamo which had his last sentence said Muslims and not Christians would probably have been reported and removed .... IMHO !

Edited by Michael_W

Seems to me that lashing out at Christianity is the acceptable way to bash religion, when in reality most people are wanting to lash out at Islam, but probably fear being labelled Islamophobic.

On what basis do you make this assertion? How are you able to discern the thoughts and intentions of others? This rather sounds to me as though you are projecting your own thoughts onto others.

On what basis do you make this assertion? How are you able to discern the thoughts and intentions of others? This rather sounds to me as though you are projecting your own thoughts onto others.

Because the poster who's post I am referring to is often accused of bashing Islam on this forum, so tell me Katie Event what thoughts am I projecting onto others ?

Seems to me that lashing out at Christianity is the acceptable way to bash religion, when in reality most people are wanting to lash out at Islam, but probably fear being labelled Islamophobic.

Or maybe have you considered the outcry if their was an attempt to play an Islamic call to prayer, or something similar, prior to the Star Wars Movie?