Npower deemed contract

i moved into my flat two years ago and switched to eon for my electricity supplier who i gave my original meter reading . i have now received a letter from npower stating they supply the electricity to my flat and im now a customer of them under a deemed contract. are they saying im going to be billed from july 2013 when ive already paid my bills to eon . ????

when i moved in i had no idea who supplier was and have never received any correspondance from npower . anyone enlighten me .

cheers

Talking to EON should be your first point of call. After all, they are the ones who should have performed the switchover correctly and they are the ones you have been paying money to.

I believe you can also ring Northern Powergrid (?) and give them the meter number and ask them who the supplier on record is too.

http://www.energy-uk.org.uk/customers/how-to-switch-energy-company/find-out-who-your-energy-supplier-is.html

Don't worry about it; you don't owe Npower any money. Either EON or Npower owe you an apology though, you just need to find out which one of them is wrong.

This is useful too, in case you aren't sure what a deemed contract is:

http://www.energynerd.co.uk/what-is-a-deemed-contract-with-an-energy-supplier/3247

Edited by the_bloke

Talking to EON should be your first point of call. After all, they are the ones who should have performed the switchover correctly and they are the ones you have been paying money to.

I believe you can also ring Northern Powergrid (?) and give them the meter number and ask them who the supplier on record is too.

http://www.energy-uk.org.uk/customers/how-to-switch-energy-company/find-out-who-your-energy-supplier-is.html

Don't worry about it; you don't owe Npower any money. Either EON or Npower owe you an apology though, you just need to find out which one of them is wrong.

This is useful too, in case you aren't sure what a deemed contract is:

http://www.energynerd.co.uk/what-is-a-deemed-contract-with-an-energy-supplier/3247

This is pretty sensible. I wouldnt worry, just persevere a bit and get on the phone early before it gets busy. It should be easy to sort out. be sure to have all the documents at hand.

You can only have one supplier. if you've paid money to EON, that is that as far as your responsibility is concerned. The dispute is between the two companies.

Write to NPower, tell them to talk to EON and sort it out. Ask them to write to you to confirm what happens. If they wont do that, use their complaints procedure. If that gets you nowhere, complain to the energy ombudsman. It is important that you file a formal complaint with NPower, because the Ombudsman wont help you until you've done that.

Good luck.

You can only have one supplier. if you've paid money to EON, that is that as far as your responsibility is concerned. The dispute is between the two companies.

Write to NPower, tell them to talk to EON and sort it out. Ask them to write to you to confirm what happens. If they wont do that, use their complaints procedure. If that gets you nowhere, complain to the energy ombudsman. It is important that you file a formal complaint with NPower, because the Ombudsman wont help you until you've done that.

Good luck.

Writing to one company asking them to sort it out with another will be a very slow process. he best do as mr bloke suggested and just get on he phone and sort it out there and then. Thats much better than either telling them to sort it out or making a complaint and will get him a result much quicker.

OP now ive seen youve reposted, just contact Npower and speak to someone. Its just some form of confusion.

Edited by 999tigger

Writing to one company asking them to sort it out with another will be a very slow process. he best do as mr bloke suggested and just get on he phone and sort it out there and then. Thats much better than either telling them to sort it out or making a complaint and will get him a result much quicker.

OP now ive seen youve reposted, just contact Npower and speak to someone. Its just some form of confusion.

Speaking is absolutely no use at all. The call centre goons know little and will say anything to get you off their backs. Do everything in writing with these people.

The OP is not in any rush. They have paid their bills. The dispute is between EON and NPower. Both companies will have complaints procedures. once you invoke them, everything else stops until the issue is resolved, so they can't get cut off. If it isn't resolved within 8 weeks, the Ombudsman can take over.

The last time I went through something like this, Scottish Power ended up paying me £250 in compensation. You do need to use the formal channels though.

Speaking is absolutely no use at all. The call centre goons know little and will say anything to get you off their backs. Do everything in writing with these people.

The OP is not in any rush. They have paid their bills. The dispute is between EON and NPower. Both companies will have complaints procedures. once you invoke them, everything else stops until the issue is resolved, so they can't get cut off. If it isn't resolved within 8 weeks, the Ombudsman can take over.

The last time I went through something like this, Scottish Power ended up paying me £250 in compensation. You do need to use the formal channels though.

For a speedy resolution you get on the phone and speak to a named person. By sorting it out yourself and quickly then the OP gets peace of mind. Its obviously just some confusion so why bother entering a formal complaints procedure which slows everything down its pointless unless he has been unable to sort it out over the phine. the advantage of having someone on the phone is that they will immediately be avle to check their system and change the file to avoid any more letters and can quickly confirm that they are not in fact the supplier. Also waste of time going to the ombudsmen if he cna sort it out there and then.