Npower deemed contract

For a speedy resolution you get on the phone and speak to a named person. .

Hahahahahaha. Have you ever tried to do that?

It is exactly why you need to use formal channels. The procedures exist for a reason. They generally work too, because they give you access to managers with brains and motivation.

Hahahahahaha. Have you ever tried to do that?

It is exactly why you need to use formal channels. The procedures exist for a reason. They generally work too, because they give you access to managers with brains and motivation.

Yes I sort them out all the time. Formal channels are ok if you wnat to do things formally but they are slow. Obviously whats happened here wont require the need to make formal complaints or waste your time with the ombudsmen which could take months to resolve.

They are simply confused whether he is their customer or not, he just needs it corrected and a phone call will normally resolve these things quickly, if he wnats it sorted for peace of mind. If he gets nowhere then he can try a more formal approach, but no reason to waste his time with letters and complaining when its just an error and hey need to update their records.

I would not trust 2 companies to sort things out between themselves and then wait for however many weeks or months till they addressed the issue. The person most interested in getting a quick and accurate resolution is yourself. Thats why wherever possible you follow the quickest appropriate solition.

Edited by 999tigger

We are receiving Npower bills and threatening letters from debt collectors for a gas connection in a house with different street name but same house number. We also have same last name as whoever had that npower account on that different street.

We called, written, called. The original debt collectors sorted their records seeing the mistakes and dropped the case.

Npower continued. We called and now demand compensations but they keep on going and started with another debt collector.

Every time the problem is they keep sending us all that stuff but we never had an account with them.

We are on our last negotiations with Npower and have piles of letters and evidence, next step is going to be small claims court.

We will be not the only ones, a little google and you find many people have had to do this with Npower.

i moved into my flat two years ago and switched to eon for my electricity supplier who i gave my original meter reading . i have now received a letter from npower stating they supply the electricity to my flat and im now a customer of them under a deemed contract. are they saying im going to be billed from july 2013 when ive already paid my bills to eon . ????

when i moved in i had no idea who supplier was and have never received any correspondance from npower . anyone enlighten me .

cheers

Transfers between suppliers do not happen instantly upon request. If Npower were the previous supplier the switch to EON would not have been done straight away and therefore the meter reading given for the date you moved in would not have been correct for the EON start read.

Have you checked what date EON actually took over the supply and what start read they used? There may well be a period between when you moved in and when EON started supplying electricity when you were actually being supplied by Npower under a deemed contract.

Where an actual read for the transfer date is not available an industry estimate is used which is agreed between both suppliers. This and the possibility that the previous occupier may not have provided an end read to Npower may mean that your billing is inaccurate. The first thing to do is contact Npower to confirm whether they believe the supply is still live with them and obtain the relevant billing dates and meter readings.