Grenoside Police Incident

Does anyone know what on earth was going on at 3:15am this morning in Grenoside. The police were out in force on cross house close/ vicarage close. We were woken by the police helicopter and sirens going then we heared a large bang and the police were looking/ chasing someone in our neighbours garden. I've never seen so many police!

The police helicopter isn't sent up unless there is a very just cause - especially at night.

Rest assured - it will be something deemed to be very serious at the time.

There really aren't many police on duty during the night so maybe some of the officers were from a special unit ?

Have a look on SYP facebook or Twitter.

Why do you need to know ?

Because any concerned member of the community would be interested to know. Such shared knowledge is what helps people involve themselves in a local area and helps to maintain the fabric of society. Does anyone know?

Guest makapaka
That's called being nosey in my book :)

No one actually 'needs' to know - if the public are in any danger the police will inform them.

It's not nosey though is it?

If the op was asking why her neighbours husband came in at 3am that would be nosey. Wanting to know why police and helicopters were flying round at 3am is a legitimate concern which most people would like to know about.

People would 'like' to know but not necessarily 'need' to know.

If the police believed that anyone in the area was at any risk they would have been informed.

I would say they need to know as such things are what make us social animals. The idea of isolating yourself unless spoken to by a PC seems very odd-a strange mix of totalitarianism and isolationism. Its good to know things and if things are happening on your doorstep then you should know. Communication is what makes us the species that we are, why would you want to resist what we do best.....unless you dont want people knowing about what youre up to I suppose.