Question for Ladies about Martial Arts

• 5 months later...

Me and my housemates - age 24 would like to take up some JJ lessons/self defence/martial arts type stuff... could people suggest places times and prices for us please? We live in Netheredge and all work up until about 6pm.

Thanks, Sarah

As for the grappling question...the same 'sweaty men rolling around on top of you' issue happens in contact dance work and looooooads of women do dance!! I think if someone is interested in something it wont bother them. If you are a bloke my advice for encouraging women to try grappling would be to just go for it, give them a real taste of what its all about and act like you would with a guy. We dont like to feel we're being treated differently, if a guy is hesitating and looks awkward about touching you it makes you feel uncomfortable, whereas if they just plunge straight in its cool.... Plus, it would help if you know there's shower facilities for after, you know, to wash that sweaty guy outta your hair, so to speak...Lol.

Archived