Turko-Russian powder-keg

I have answered believing you are referring to Assad there is Syrians who do not agree but as he is recognised by the UN it is hard to believe that another country agrees or they would have been able to get a U N mndate in 2011

Assad was elected when the last election was held in Syria , the western backed rebels have been attempting to take power by force for over 4 years and now he as the backing of Russia and Iran he will remain in charge until a political solution can be found.

The rebels will require air support to have any chance and that would mean some one attacking the Russian air craft backing Assad

I just saw on the news that the RAF typhoons flying in Syria are being armed with air to air missiles 'as a precaution'. And most likely to help NATO flex it's muscles in the region.

I have answered believing you are referring to Assad there is Syrians who do not agree but as he is recognised by the UN it is hard to believe that another country agrees or they would have been able to get a U N mndate in 2011

Assad was elected when the last election was held in Syria , the western backed rebels have been attempting to take power by force for over 4 years and now he as the backing of Russia and Iran he will remain in charge until a political solution can be found.

The rebels will require air support to have any chance and that would mean some one attacking the Russian air craft backing Assad

Ofc they couldnt get a UN resolution through because Russia used its veto, which everyone knows. I'm assuming you are aware of how the UN and the security Council works? The last election in Syria was only voted on by a fraction of the people, so its really only a mandate for the limited area he controls. There was no credible opposition to stand against him. When the political solution comes it need to be a full vote by all the people of Syria who are willing to take part in the election and abide by its result (excludings ISIS). Until then he can claim what he wants, but the country will remain in civil war. It would be easier if they simply transitioned him out.

Ofc they couldnt get a UN resolution through because Russia used its veto, which everyone knows. I'm assuming you are aware of how the UN and the security Council works? The last election in Syria was only voted on by a fraction of the people, so its really only a mandate for the limited area he controls. There was no credible opposition to stand against him. When the political solution comes it need to be a full vote by all the people of Syria who are willing to take part in the election and abide by its result (excludings ISIS). Until then he can claim what he wants, but the country will remain in civil war. It would be easier if they simply transitioned him out.

What would happen if a result to an election in Syria was similar to the out come in Egypt where the Muslim Brotherhood won which the west and NATO did not like.

Foaming an opposition in Syria is going to be very difficult as there is so many fractions fighting under different names and seem unable to come together to have an overall leader so it could be that another person from the present regime could end up being the next leader

---------- Post added 07-12-2015 at 16:54 ----------

Is it possible that ISIS have an air force now as a reported attack on Syrian government troops by several air craft is denied by the coalition as they did not air craft in the area or is it an illegal attempt at regime change by the coalition to encourage the Syrians to use their Russian air defence missiles to shoot down allied air craft to justify an all out attack on Syria and its allies.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/coalition-bombing-raid-kills-4-soldiers-syrian-army-072235963.html#dTprWRJ

This is another report of Turkey refusing to comply with a sovereign states request and it seems to be getting messier every day

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/turkey-wont-pull-back-troops-deployed-mosul-official-164100904.html#EK19tvW

What would happen if a result to an election in Syria was similar to the out come in Egypt where the Muslim Brotherhood won which the west and NATO did not like.

Foaming an opposition in Syria is going to be very difficult as there is so many fractions fighting under different names and seem unable to come together to have an overall leader so it could be that another person from the present regime could end up being the next leader

---------- Post added 07-12-2015 at 16:54 ----------

Is it possible that ISIS have an air force now as a reported attack on Syrian government troops by several air craft is denied by the coalition as they did not air craft in the area or is it an illegal attempt at regime change by the coalition to encourage the Syrians to use their Russian air defence missiles to shoot down allied air craft to justify an all out attack on Syria and its allies.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/coalition-bombing-raid-kills-4-soldiers-syrian-army-072235963.html#dTprWRJ

This is another report of Turkey refusing to comply with a sovereign states request and it seems to be getting messier every day

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/turkey-wont-pull-back-troops-deployed-mosul-official-164100904.html#EK19tvW

Have you noticed how the posters sticking up for turkey have gone quiet on this one?

Why is a member of nato doing entering another country without permission? = http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/07/turkey-refuses-to-withdraw-troops-from-north-iraq-base-isis

Like I said before the west are being shown for the hipocrites they are...

Have you noticed how the posters sticking up for turkey have gone quiet on this one?

Why is a member of nato doing entering another country without permission? = http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/07/turkey-refuses-to-withdraw-troops-from-north-iraq-base-isis

Like I said before the west are being shown for the hipocrites they are...

I'm not sticking up for Turkey, I'm opposing Russia and Syria, but it's interesting that you're taking the side where one of the leaders has gassed their own civilians and another leader who's invaded and taken land off two of their neighbours.

I'm not sticking up for Turkey, I'm opposing Russia and Syria, but it's interesting that you're taking the side where one of the leaders has gassed their own civilians and another leader who's invaded and taken land off two of their neighbours.

I don't support Isis, Putin and Assad are against Isis so I'm backing them to take Isis out.

The west have proved they are incapable of taking out Isis and are hipocrites.

Turkey has invaded Iraq in a sense, this is after shooting down a Russian jet that was no threat.

Like I said it has gone quiet now that our NATO allie turkey is in Iraq without permission.

I don't support Isis, Putin and Assad are against Isis so I'm backing them to take Isis out.

The west have proved they are incapable of taking out Isis and are hipocrites.

Turkey has invaded Iraq in a sense, this is after shooting down a Russian jet that was no threat.

Like I said it has gone quiet now that our NATO allie turkey is in Iraq without permission.

And if Assad keeps hold of power after conflict and he continues to gas his population, then what?

Prior to the civil war, Syria was a largely pluralistic, secular country, where minorities could live out their lives in peace. I was of course an autocracy, but by Middle Eastern standards it was not a particularly bad place to live. Then along came the so-called 'Arab Spring', ushering in interventions by Western leaders infected with misguided and egotistical notions about toppling dictators in the region and also by neighbours such as Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Qatar, intent on replacing Assad with a Sunni government. Western leaders, in their profound ignorance, took little notice of the underlying regional conflict between Sunni and Shia, preferring to see the conflict as a struggle between democratic forces and a brutal government. Their big mistake was in conniving with Saudi Arabia, Turkey and the Gulf States to arm the opposition, leading to years of bloody civil war.

As for Russian 'aggression', it was Georgia which attacked South Ossetia, provoking a Russian response. In Ukraine, it was the appalling behaviour of the Kiev government towards the large Russian minority in East Ukraine which again provoked Russia into its responses.