Amazon delivery

has anyone used Amazon for delivery of an item and ever got a text message saying the item is being delayed?

I have my mobile number against my account but have never received a text

My wife also and we do buy a lot from amazon.

And whats the latest that you have had a delivery... ours is 9.30 pm

Had one around half eight in the evening.

I think if you give your number to Amazon as part of a order they'll start texting you.

There's probably a setting on the site to prevent them doing it if you want.

It's not surprising things are being delayed, it's the run up to xmas and no doubt security is tighter on postal/delivery systems what with the recent attacks and the threat of more to come.

has anyone used Amazon for delivery of an item and ever got a text message saying the item is being delayed?

I have my mobile number against my account but have never received a text

My wife also and we do buy a lot from amazon.

And whats the latest that you have had a delivery... ours is 9.30 pm

I've had texts telling me when to expect the delivery, so I imagine they might also text if it was delayed.

I had a delivery on a Sunday which was a bit of a surprise.

Be careful ,had 2 items not delivered,contacted the delivery firm Yodel who deliver for Amazon after a couple of phone calls they admitted they had delivered the items to the wrong address ,they refused to retrieve them and told me I not them would have to contact Amazon who would reissue new items.Incredibly this is what happened ,having complained to Amazon I heard no more.So Yodel must be acting like Father Christmas.