Prejudice linked to Low IQ and Conservatism

Eric - I was commenting on the Conservative party, drawing a mind boggling and brilliant connection between the totally different words.

The article wasn't but the implication of the first post was clear.

(How do you like my non-personal irony compared to your pedantry and patronising me and countless others.)

You need to look up the meaning of irony. Check pedantry while you are at it.

This is me patronising you in case you didn't realise. That would be irony with a little slice of pedantry on top. :) As is that smiley, and this one. ;)

I'm now genuinely sorry that it is a bit complicated for you.

Do you understand that "conservatism" and "Conservatives" are different things?

Your use of capitalisation suggests that you're not clever enough to have read the article in the link and understood it properly.

:)

You're mind reading skills are impressive today.

However, you're wrong

Conservatism (or conservativism) is any political philosophy that favours tradition (in the sense of various religious, cultural, or nationally-defined beliefs and customs) in the face of external forces for change, and is critical of proposals for radical social change.

Oh, does that describe the founding (and current) principles of the Conservative Party, what a surprise.

---------- Post added 27-11-2015 at 13:53 ----------

The reason we knew this already is that the op referred to a 3 year old story. I've referenced this in my signature for a few years now.

Didn't realise that, only came across it today. :o

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservatism_in_the_United_Kingdom

The Conservative party are conservatists, which is to say that they demonstrate conservatism.

It's basic English.

What political philosophy do you believe the Conservative Party demonstrates?

You obviously don't want to be associated with having a low IQ and prejudice, but to try to claim that the Conservative Party isn't demonstrating political conservatism is really a stretch don't you think?

It isn't a stretch, it is an article about social conservatism. That much is crystal clear. Your suggestion is a conclusion which isn't mentioned which makes your suggestion academically worthless outside the context of social conservatism and your own imagination.

The only mention of any political parties is the US one's and event that is heavily created, as is the entire article by the researchers themselves.

Let's try putting it in another way that you might be able to understand. Would you say that Sheffield as a city is socially conservative, or Conservative? We don't much like change around here do we, but we aren't Conservative, are we?

I didn't suggest anything. You leapt to a conclusion because you were scared it was true.

It's difficult to be fearful of someone who's struggling with basic English comprehension as you are Cyclone. Here's what I wrote, read the words on the page, not the ones in your head.

Do you understand that "conservatism" and "Conservatives" are different things?

Your use of capitalisation suggests that you're not clever enough to have read the article in the link and understood it properly.

:)

If you want to suggest that Labour also demonstrate conservatism, then just say so.
This is what is known as an analogy. It is often used as a mechanism for explaining things in a simple way so that people to understand something that they are struggling with, as you are. I was trying to help you out but I seem to have failed in that as you haven't read and understood my words any better than you did the article.

It's not an analogy at all, it's an implication.

An analogy is where we say "your thought process is like a snail". The analogy being that they both move slowly.

I don't know why you're so keen to attack me and why you leapt in so quickly with the ad hom attacks, but it's a bit tedious.

---------- Post added 27-11-2015 at 14:49 ----------

I find this useful for reference

https://abagond.wordpress.com/2010/07/26/the-seven-levels-of-disagreement/

You're way down at the bottom, attacking me instead of an argument I made. In fact, you had to make up an argument I hadn't made (Strawman) in order to then resort to Ad Hom in order to discredit this made up argument. Pretty special!