Prejudice linked to Low IQ and Conservatism

Cyclone, I neither mentioned nor implied Labour, or Lib Dem because the purpose of the analogy is for us to agree that Sheffield isn't, generally, Conservative, but that it is generally conservative. You may happen to disagree with the principle but not to the structure of the question.

You see, it is a tool to try to explain the difference between Conservative and conservative. The only implication was in your first post where you used Conservative, not conservative as per the article.

YOU are the one who implied something that isn't there, and you did it explicitly through capitalisation, or you did it by mistake. If you weren't implying something then you made a mistake and you can just say so here and I'll leave it at that.

Did you:

A, explicitly imply that Conservatives have low IQ, which isn't what the article says, or

B, make a mistake with your grammar?

I don't mind which it was but please clear it up one way or the other Cyclone.

The only thing that is apparent from this study and it's something we all know already, is that those on the left generally think they are superior to those on the right.

Superior in IQ levels, but isn't that the point, conservatism produces less superior IQ's?

Superior in IQ levels, but isn't that the point, conservatism produces less superior IQ's?

The study seems to show a slight statistical bias towards a lower average IQ of those agreeing with statements that would be regarded as conservative.

As the OP notes those with lower IQ are more likely to seek simple answers to complex questions and this can include fear of 'the other' and similarly on the other side of the coin an unquestioning delusion that 'the other' are all super.

Another example of a low IQ approach would be to interpret the study as concluding 'conservatives have low IQs'.

Cyclone, I neither mentioned nor implied Labour, or Lib Dem because the purpose of the analogy is for us to agree that Sheffield isn't, generally, Conservative, but that it is generally conservative. You may happen to disagree with the principle but not to the structure of the question.

You see, it is a tool to try to explain the difference between Conservative and conservative. The only implication was in your first post where you used Conservative, not conservative as per the article.

YOU are the one who implied something that isn't there, and you did it explicitly through capitalisation, or you did it by mistake. If you weren't implying something then you made a mistake and you can just say so here and I'll leave it at that.

You made that assumption through the capitalisation of Conservatism, not Conservative or "The Conservatives".

Your mistake.

My mistake to not capitalise Linked though, as you can see that I capitalised Low as well, as is common in titles.

Did you:

A, explicitly imply that Conservatives have low IQ, which isn't what the article says, or

B, make a mistake with your grammar?

I don't mind which it was but please clear it up one way or the other Cyclone.

Conservatives (the party and members thereof) do demonstrate conservatism though, and thus Low IQ and Prejudice is linked through the political ideology to the party.

And, you did spend most of the first page attacking me instead of the argument (that you thought was being made due to a capital letter).

IT seems to me that a lot of the Labour supporters on here are preening themselves in delight at the purported link.

It says a lot about them as the Nasty Party for sure.

It says even more about their critical thinking powers.

It does when they appoint Corbyn as their leader.

You made that assumption through the capitalisation of Conservatism, not Conservative or "The Conservatives".

Your mistake.

My mistake to not capitalise Linked though, as you can see that I capitalised Low as well, as is common in titles.

Conservatives (the party and members thereof) do demonstrate conservatism though, and thus Low IQ and Prejudice is linked through the political ideology to the party.

And, you did spend most of the first page attacking me instead of the argument (that you thought was being made due to a capital letter).

So it was just your conveniently poor grammar. It's amazing how such a simple error can change the entire meaning of a phrase so I'm pleased that you've finally clarified your mistake.

Back to the article, the research states the obvious, that people with low IQ's feel comfortable when they don't have to think very hard. It's hardly earth shattering.

The imposition of right or left isn't very helpful and in truth it is probably unnecessary unless somebody has another agenda that interests them, in which case it flushes them out quite quickly as shown above. Obelix nails it nicely and much more succinctly than I could.