Left shoulder pain

sounds like rotator cuff injury&bursitis, i have the same and it is likely to need an op, physio and light gym work helps.

I get a severe pain in the middle of my upper right arm when I lift my arm to make a square at the elbow or any sort of sideways motion. I was told it was rotary cuff syndrome but whats the cure - painkillers?

Any idea what causes it - trapped nerve?

I get a severe pain in the middle of my upper right arm when I lift my arm to make a square at the elbow or any sort of sideways motion. I was told it was rotary cuff syndrome but whats the cure - painkillers?

Any idea what causes it - trapped nerve?

mine was made worse by a rear end car shunt or a i should say started it off but its the wear and tear of the socket, the fluid sac also erodes, painkillers and movement with exercise to strengthen the muscle helps me, but i struggle to sleep on the shoulder or play golf and lift above shoulder height, its called getting old!

• 7 months later...

I have been to the docs again with shoulder and elbow pain. This time I have been sent for an xray.

I get inner elbow pain too, but that is a sharp pain, tendon or something, from ball throwing. And probably rhumatoid arthritis in my shoulders.

I just did a few press ups, could only manage a few. Its been a week, no results yet, will phone again later this week.

• 3 weeks later...

I had my xrays 3 weeks ago, both shoulders. Just been to the doctors, not seen this doctor before.

He seemed rather unsure about what to do. The last doctor said that I would be refereed for physio.

The xrays showed more wear of the right shoulder, but I get more pain from the left one. I dont get that much pain, so I rarely take painkillers. I asked doctor for a blood test, the one that will say what type of arthritis it is, he seemed unsure what to do, so he just followed my suggestion.

If the GP doesn't refer you to a physio, go and see one privately, costs about £45 for an initial consultation and assessment.

Or see a Chiropractor. The pins and needles down the arm and into the hand indicate that there may be a problem with the cervical vertebrae (neck) the pain in the shoulder can be tied into that too.

There are good Chiropracters at Woodseats.

---------- Post added 28-11-2016 at 21:30 ----------

I had my xrays 3 weeks ago, both shoulders. Just been to the doctors, not seen this doctor before.

He seemed rather unsure about what to do. The last doctor said that I would be refereed for physio.

The xrays showed more wear of the right shoulder, but I get more pain from the left one. I dont get that much pain, so I rarely take painkillers. I asked doctor for a blood test, the one that will say what type of arthritis it is, he seemed unsure what to do, so he just followed my suggestion.

Just read your latest post.

Sounds about what they are all like now. If you don't ask you don't get.

And you need to know what to ask for before you can get it. We virtually have to self diagnose to get anywhere.

Just read your latest post.

Sounds about what they are all like now. If you don't ask you don't get.

And you need to know what to ask for before you can get it. We virtually have to self diagnose to get anywhere.

I think think xrays are a good way to diagnose arthritis, since I have more pain on my left side, the xrays showed more wear on the right side.

I think think xrays are a good way to diagnose arthritis, since I have more pain on my left side, the xrays showed more wear on the right side.

I read somewhere that this often happens. I think the pain is more than the wear it is also the muscles and tendons that are involved. Have you had blood tests too?

When I was having regular Chiro treatment(doing a lot of gardening and pulling joints out of sockets) they explained that often muscles on the opposite side to the problem got over stretched and the other side contracts a little. Sometimes it results in permanent damage.

• 4 weeks later...

I've had a pain in my right shoulder/upper arm recently. My last twinge was when I got up after an hour in front of computer screen with right hand operating the mouse. I guess repetitive use of mouse is the root cause. I know it sounds daft but the way I rest my lower arm on the desk doesn't help.