Tory Grant Shapps resigns

I thought it was the job of the coroner to determine why the young man committed suicide . There is rarely just one reason why a person decides to commit suicide .

He wrote a suicide note which mentioned bullying by party officials.

What has this thread really got to do with politics ?

I don't really understand the reason why the OP started this thread . What are we suppose to discuss about this human tragedy ?

Well I do think that when a government minister resigns it's got rather a lot to do with politics.

I was listening to radio 4 and judging by what they said, this Mark Clarke is an extremely unpleasant character (alegedly) and has been up to all sorts to get his own way. The young man who committed suicide had complained about him to Grant Schapps, in his capacity as Tory party chairman, but he did nothing about it.

Elliot Johnson's complaint wasn't the only one, to the extent that Mark Clarke had already been suspended by the party after his behaviour following his defeat in the 2010 General election. The bottom line is, it was Grant Schapps responsibility to investigate, which he failed to do. So he was right to resign.

No doubt he will bounce back into another government position soon enough. Something poor Elliot Johnson is never going to do now...

Well I hope he doesn't appear on Question Time anytime soon, last time he was on he wouldn't (or couldn't) give a direct answer to any question, his nickname should be 'Fudge':P

That sums up just about all politicians. They are a very secretive bunch.

That sums up just about all politicians. They are a very secretive bunch.

Not all of them. Corbyn is pretty straight talking.

Look where that got him.

Mind you, most MPs don't carry out second jobs, using a pseudonym. Still fewer threaten to sue their own constituents for telling the truth.I don't think that I've represented his lack of integrity "over-firmly".

Edited by MLAR

I thought it was the job of the coroner to determine why the young man committed suicide . There is rarely just one reason why a person decides to commit suicide .

A minister has resigned ceratin allegations have been made ofc its news and people are going to discuss it,. Im just surprised youd want to shut it down and cant see that its a newsworthy story. His father seems to think so. The inquest can have its place, but there are wider issues that have arisen.

Not all of them. Corbyn is pretty straight talking.

Look where that got him.

Mind you, most MPs don't carry out second jobs, using a pseudonym. Still fewer threaten to sue their own constituents for telling the truth.I don't think that I've represented his lack of integrity "over-firmly".

I can't say I've ever seen corbyn on qt, but saying that that I have seen him on the news and he talks the same as the others. He has already adopted the term " let's be clear" which is a favourite amongst secretive MP,s.

I can't say I've ever seen corbyn on qt, but saying that that I have seen him on the news and he talks the same as the others. He has already adopted the term " let's be clear" which is a favourite amongst secretive MP,s.

If you've never seen Corbyn on QT, you should perhaps stick to threads that you have some knowledge of.

There are a series of A-Z games in I'm Boring, that would be ideal for a novice such as yourself:)

If you've never seen Corbyn on QT, you should perhaps stick to threads that you have some knowledge of.

There are a series of A-Z games in I'm Boring, that would be ideal for a novice such as yourself:)

I don't have a look through the TV listings to see who is appearing!

Does this mean I'm not allowed a voice on political issues?

Oh my goodness!! I will go to the A to Z of suppressed minions without haste!!

I don't have a look through the TV listings to see who is appearing!

Does this mean I'm not allowed a voice on political issues?

Oh my goodness!! I will go to the A to Z of suppressed minions without haste!!

Good man.

You should always know your place :)