Tory Grant Shapps resigns

Would you care to explain your reasoning for that comment please .

My impression was because your question seems to lack an understanding of what pressures someone who decides to commit suicide or someone who undergoes bullying go through. If you did some research into suicide and bullying, then you might appreciate his situation better. People can feel very isolated and shamed, so they can often internalise it.

Have you had much dealings with bullying or suicides?

If it happened to your child, then wouldnt you like to find out why things happened?

Would you like anyone who had brought about the situation to be held accountable?

Would you like that investigation to be thorough and independent?

Edited by 999tigger

Would you care to explain your reasoning for that comment please .

What could his father have done?

You may have a point if all he wished for was attention...he didn't want it, the result was he killed himself. Bullying can have massive and traumatic psychological effects..it generally can't be 'fixed' with..'pull your socks up'...which ironically is a term used by bullies. If someone is determined (which in this case it was) there's no help.

My impression was because your question seems to lack an understanding of what pressures someone who decides to commit suicide or someone who undergoes bullying go through. If you did some research into suicide and bullying, then you might appreciate his situation better. People can feel very isolated and shamed, so they can often internalise it.

Have you had much dealings with bullying or suicides?

If it happened to your child, then wouldnt you like to find out why things happened?

Would you like anyone who had brought about the situation to be held accountable?

Would you like that investigation to be thorough and independent?

I have only had one dealing with suicide which was in 1994 when my brother killed himself . I think most people have suffered some type of bullying during their life .

I have only had one dealing with suicide which was in 1994 when my brother killed himself . I think most people have suffered some type of bullying during their life .

Then it seems odd you dont appear to have an appreciation for what the victim might have gone through. Perhaps do more reading into the background. Its pretty standard that people can feel ashamed and isolated, so they keep it to themselves. Any of the mainstream charities will give you plenty of backrgound to the issues of bullying and suicide.

If it was my child then id like to know what happened.

I'd like anyone who played a culpable role in the bullying to be brought to account.

I'd like anyone who didnt do their job to be held responsible.

I'd like to have confidence that any investigation was going to be through and credible.

Why didn't your brother come to you?

I wasn't really that close to him and always gave him an hard time on the way he conducted his life . Some of his friends were aware he had made previous threats to kill himself , but just thought he was attention seeking . I don't blame them or anyone else for his actions .

---------- Post added 29-11-2015 at 14:26 ----------

Then it seems odd you dont appear to have an appreciation for what the victim might have gone through. Perhaps do more reading into the background. Its pretty standard that people can feel ashamed and isolated, so they keep it to themselves. Any of the mainstream charities will give you plenty of backrgound to the issues of bullying and suicide.

If it was my child then id like to know what happened.

I'd like anyone who played a culpable role in the bullying to be brought to account.

I'd like anyone who didnt do their job to be held responsible.

I'd like to have confidence that any investigation was going to be through and credible.

And you think you are an expert on every topic .

I wasn't really that close to him and always gave him an hard time on the way he conducted his life . Some of his friends were aware he had made previous threats to kill himself , but just thought he was attention seeking . I don't blame them or anyone else for his actions .

---------- Post added 29-11-2015 at 14:26 ----------

And you think you are an expert on every topic .

Not at all, there are plenty of areas where I understand less. I notice how you are unable to answer questions and what are quite reasonable areas. Its certainly the areas the PM, the police, his father and the coroner are looking into. Clearly if im wrong, then you are free to point it out with some reasoned discussion.

Were his friends ever accused?

Were his friends ever accused?

No one was accused of anything . With hindsight , no doubt his friends , me and other family members would have acted differently . With hindsight , no doubt all those who came into contact with Elliot Johnson would have acted differently .

We could all walk on eggshells with everyone we come into contact with , but people would still throw their lives away by committing suicide . I doubt very much the alleged bullying will be the sole reason why Elliot Johnson killed himself .

My symapathies go out to Elliot Johnson's family , those being blamed for his suicide and the unfortunate person who discovered him on the railway track .