Ebay: threats and harrassment after making a claim

I've just had a very unpleasant experience on eBay and was wondering if it is a common occurance, or am I just unlucky?

I bought a pair of boots and had them delivered to my office. They were advertised as 'worn once'

They arrived at closing time on a Thursday and I just took one out of the box to try on.

I noticed that it was obviously worn more than once, but that's what you get from buying on eBay, right?....right??

I put it back in the box and left them in the office.

There are only 2 of us in the office, and the other person works shorter hours than me, so security isn't an issue. I'd bought a bunch of things, so I filled out all the feedback at the same time. With the boots, I simply wrote 'good' and left 3 stars for 'as described ' but I dint generally leave negative or neutral feedback.

On Monday, I arrived at work, popped both boots on and found they were not just 'worn once', but they were pretty trashed snd the sole was coming off one.

I contacted the seller straight away, but she became quite unfriendly about it and called me a liar.

I opened a case with EBay and after seeing the photos, sided with me and provided a returns label.

I've been receiving the nastiest, vile emails (through eBay) from her. She has told me she has many friends and family who know the business estate my office is on 'very well'.

I actually feel quite threatened by her behaviour and what I take to ve veiled threats.

Is this something that happens often, and am I overreacting about being concerned for my safety?

I've just had a very unpleasant experience on eBay and was wondering if it is a common occurance, or am I just unlucky?

I bought a pair of boots and had them delivered to my office. They were advertised as 'worn once'

They arrived at closing time on a Thursday and I just took one out of the box to try on.

I noticed that it was obviously worn more than once, but that's what you get from buying on eBay, right?....right??

There are only 2 of us in the office, and the other person works shorter hours than me, so security isn't an issue. I'd bought a bunch of things, so I filled out all the feedback at the same time. With the boots, I simply wrote 'good' and left 3 stars for 'as described ' but I dint generally leave negative or neutral feedback.

On Monday, I arrived at work, popped both boots on and found they were not just 'worn once', but they were pretty trashed snd the sole was coming off one.

I contacted the seller straight away, but she became quite unfriendly about it and called me a liar.

I opened a case with EBay and after seeing the photos, sided with me and provided a returns label.

I've been receiving the nastiest, vile emails (through eBay) from her. She has told me she has many friends and family who know the business estate my office is on 'very well'.

I actually feel quite threatened by her behaviour and what I take to ve veiled threats.

Is this something that happens often, and am I overreacting about being concerned for my safety?

I dont sell, but wouldnt you just report her to ebay and if you actually feel threatened then report her to the police.

I think you were too fair with your original positive feedback before you had examined the goods properly .

I can understand why you are so concerned, but just think the seller is being a stupid nasty prat . I agree with the advice given by 999tigger .

Yeah, I've calmed down a bit now.

I can't believe it has come to this over a pair of £20 boots.

I can't work out how to report her from my phone, so I'll check it out on my computer at work, I've tried on the original query, but it won't allow a return mail. :(

If I get the money refunded, it is definitely going to charity!

I can't work out how to report her from my phone, so I'll check it out on my computer at work, I've tried on the original query, but it won't allow a return mail. :(

I was selling a furniture item for a relative, it sold cheap and my relative backed out. I informed the buyer and he threatened to come round and take the item anyway.

I wasnt very pleased with my relative, but you live n learn.

I have no qualms giving negative feedback. I once bought a pack 78 wax crayons. They came, and they were 78 crayons alright but there was only about 5 different colours, non of them red yellow blue green or brown. That clown got negative feedback straight away.

I once got sent a memory card that was clearly a cheap fake of a well known manufacturers. It worked but it wasn't what was advertised. I gave negative feedback and the seller got in touch telling me it was a reasonable price and that I was harming his business. He got quite stroppy and indignant.

He eventually compensated me after I told him who I worked for.

If a threat has been made against you then contact the police. I wont go into detail but i will say that i have been in a similar situation and had to get the police involved in the end. I only wish i contacted them sooner and saved a whole heap of stress.

It is a job for the police re the threats. The goods are covered by Ebay's version of the remote selling regulations. It means you have 2 weeks to decide if you want to keep the goods or return them for a full refund including postage to yourself. You need to pay reverse postage only and there is nothing the seller can do about it.

Regarding feedback. If you contact Ebay it is possible to remove the positive feedback and put negative i its place.