Muslim Kindness

Not very long ago I came upon a young chap who had fallen off his cycle. I engaged in conversation with him, the outcome was he could not get back to his car which was several miles away. I offered to take him and his damaged bike back to his starting point where his vehicle was parked up. Loaded his machine in the back of my estate, got him into the front seat with his sore arm and off we went.

On arrival, unloaded his bike, put it into his car, he assured me he could drive ok as I was a little worried about him and his arm. Before he departed he generously offered me £20 for my time and fuel, which I declined to accept.

Moral of the story, I did not ask him what God he prayed to, neither did he ask me the same, religion did not come into the equation - he needed a bit of help which I was glad to give.

I suppose you could put it down to Church of England Kindness. My injured friend was certainly not a Brit, but who cares.

Angel1.

Not very long ago I came upon a young chap who had fallen off his cycle. I engaged in conversation with him, the outcome was he could not get back to his car which was several miles away. I offered to take him and his damaged bike back to his starting point where his vehicle was parked up. Loaded his machine in the back of my estate, got him into the front seat with his sore arm and off we went.

On arrival, unloaded his bike, put it into his car, he assured me he could drive ok as I was a little worried about him and his arm. Before he departed he generously offered me £20 for my time and fuel, which I declined to accept.

Moral of the story, I did not ask him what God he prayed to, neither did he ask me the same, religion did not come into the equation - he needed a bit of help which I was glad to give.

I suppose you could put it down to Church of England Kindness. My injured friend was certainly not a Brit, but who cares.

Angel1.

The moral of this thread is that not all Muslims are bad as we are constantly vilified lately but oinks like you seem to miss the point and come out with posts like yours. :rolleyes:

The moral of this thread is that not all Muslims are bad as we are constantly vilified lately but oinks like you seem to miss the point and come out with posts like yours. :rolleyes:

I don't see the post like that. I see it as saying that there are good people in the world, some are Muslim, some are Christian, some are Jedi, etc.

I don't see the post like that. I see it as saying that there are good people in the world, some are Muslim, some are Christian, some are Jedi, etc.

Actually, the op (me) was specifically referring to a kind act performed by my muslim neighbours.

I'm not saying that people of other faiths, or people of no faith, don't perform good acts, but this particular one, was a muslim act, and, happened on their main religious/family day.

And, unlike other faiths/non-faiths, muslims are vilified regularly on this board and elsewhere, so, I wanted to redress the balance in some small way.

Actually, the op (me) was specifically referring to a kind act performed by my muslim neighbours.

I'm not saying that people of other faiths, or people of no faith, don't perform good acts, but this particular one, was a muslim act, and, happened on their main religious/family day.

And, unlike other faiths/non-faiths, muslims are vilified regularly on this board and elsewhere, so, I wanted to redress the balance in some small way.

Sorry, onewheeldave, if I wasn't clear. My response was to Mafya, regarding ANGELFIRE1's post.

I appreciate your good intentions, onewheeldave.

The moral of Anglefire's story is that most people aren't bad and that religion has nothing to do with it.

I never said it was offensive did I?

To be fair, he/she never said that you did say it was offensive :)

I think they assumed you were offended because you called another person an 'oink', and calling people things like that is often associated with someone being offended or upset.

(though personally I have no idea what an oink is)

To be fair, he/she never said that you did say it was offensive :)

I think they assumed you were offended because you called another person an 'oink', and calling people things like that is often associated with someone being offended or upset.

(though personally I have no idea what an oink is)

I called him an oink as angelFire is someone not fond of Muslims going on some of his previous posts I have seen.