Taxi complaints

BORIS

If I remember rightly though, those statistics were very misleading. It said that drivers had been penalised, but then it turned out the penalty notices were for things like a dodgy brake light, or just wear and tear of vehicle (which is inevitable).

But to be fair I'm just playing devil's advocate really, I don't know either way.

That is what the drivers tried to put across, but there was/is irrefutable evidence in the thread that say's different, including, the chairman of the taxi drivers association and, the chief licensing officer was on Radio Sheffield saying Unlicensed Taxi's is a big problem in and around Sheffield.

I think this will be my last post on this subject other wise, some of the drivers will cause to much agro, They dont want it publicised, i have my own opinions on why.

Hi Ash, I'm not sure I really understand this new deregulation which you refer to. Are you saying that any licensed private car driver can operate in any area - even if their licence was issued in a different area? To be honest, I thought that was something which already happened; for example Network Taxis, based in Dronfield (Derbyshire) do a lot of work over the border across south and west Sheffield.

Could you let us know what the new deregulation means that's different from before, also, whether this is different for Uber or the same for all operators?

Sorry vincentb, I missed your post.

This is a good link, I'm not sure if it will link directly to the page, but if you look for page 10 + 11 it outlines the dereg.

Hi Ash, I'm not sure I really understand this new deregulation which you refer to. Are you saying that any licensed private car driver can operate in any area - even if their licence was issued in a different area? To be honest, I thought that was something which already happened; for example Network Taxis, based in Dronfield (Derbyshire) do a lot of work over the border across south and west Sheffield.

Could you let us know what the new deregulation means that's different from before, also, whether this is different for Uber or the same for all operators?

I won't comment on Network any more.

• 4 weeks later...

They said they have had a word with him but I thought they would have to be up to a certain standerd and said they would send a car in future but these black cabs are letting the decent ones down there should be more checks on the clapped out ones

Not to any body in particular But, if you hire a taxi whether black or P.H you have hired that taxi and your the boss, any taxi driver who had earphones in would get told to take them out if i was the passenger, Although they are legal, just to name one thing they would be disadvantaged at (among other things), they would not be able to hear other traffic. Hope this helps some body in the future.

Not to any body in particular But, if you hire a taxi whether black or P.H you have hired that taxi and your the boss, any taxi driver who had earphones in would get told to take them out if i was the passenger, Although they are legal, just to name one thing they would be disadvantaged at (among other things), they would not be able to hear other traffic. Hope this helps some body in the future.

You are not the boss, if I was a taxi driver and you got in as a passenger and started getting bossy I would tell you to get out.

You are not the boss, if I was a taxi driver and you got in as a passenger and started getting bossy I would tell you to get out.

Explain, if i hire a taxi, i have hired it havnt i, if i dont like how the driver is driving i can tell him to stop what he is doing. i can tell him where to go, i can tell him to wait, if he (you) dont like it you can be reported, and a load of other things i dont care to mention.

A black cab is there to be hired if he does not comply with the rules & regs you can tell him so,and report him/her. He/She is there to drive you in a safe and proper manner. You would do well as a taxi driver

Explain, if i hire a taxi, i have hired it havnt i, if i dont like how the driver is driving i can tell him to stop what he is doing. i can tell him where to go, i can tell him to wait, if he (you) dont like it you can be reported, and a load of other things i dont care to mention.

A black cab is there to be hired if he does not comply with the rules & regs you can tell him so,and report him/her. He/She is there to drive you in a safe and proper manner. You would do well as a taxi driver

It still doesn't make you the boss, you are paying for a service and if the driver doesn't adhere to the regs you are entitled to report him.

You can't fire him so you are not the boss! :)

You are not the the boss, you have hired a service.

You mention in your post the word 'tell'. Well to an extent you can 'tell' but you do not own the driver and he is not your slave.

Attitude between the two parties is paramount otherwise either the passenger is going to get out or be asked to get out.

It beggars belief how some people treat other people because they owe them money. There is more to life than money and I have told customers to stick their job up their backside before now before they think they Can 'tell' me what to do.

Now asking or suggesting is a better way of getting what you want.