Single parents dating

ok ill put my opinion on this, if a guy dont want anything with you cause you got kids then i would say he not worth your time, it shouldn't matter if you have children or not, i have spoke to many people in the past who when they tell a guy they have kids the guys runs a mile, and it aint right, there is a few people who it dont bother though, so keep looking and good look,

I am sorry to hear that.. I see what you mean and I think that's what we all want. No one wants someone to look after them.

On the contrary I think some people do - I've met them and maybe even was a little like that in my younger days - expecting a partner or relationship to suddenly put right all the shortcomings in my life.

The older I've grown the more I've come to realise that I'm the only one who can do that. I'm comfortable and quite happy with who I am (most of the time) and I don't believe you can have a truly happy and honest relationship until you arrive at that point.

But back to the point -

I had a fair few relationships in my earlier years as a single dad. In the end the ones that tended to last and be really important were with women who aso had kids. I think it was just a case of being more in tune with women who were in the same boat as I was. I was always upfront about having kids anyway, so I don't think I ever lost out on account of it.

From past experience, it is not an easy situation to be in. Having had a husband who had no kids, (I had 2 small girls), I was always the one in the middle, trying to keep both sides happy. Perhaps it's harder on the non-parent as they don't have the maternal/paternal feelings of a parent, but then again when he became a parent himself he didn't 'pull up many trees', some non-parents come up trumps so probably it's just pot luck. From my point of view I wouldn't mind if I found a partner who had kids or not because I've experienced kids already.

Archived