Norton Retail Park - St James

• 3 months later...

nearly completed and looking fantastic cant wait for opening and looking forward to this summer shopping there' Great for the area though some people are not happy and hate progression . get a life you lot embrace the change

• 3 months later...

Evening all, my friend has just informed me that the NEXT store at Heeley Retail Park is now closed - I'm assuming it's due to the forthcoming opening of the St James' retail park at Meadowhead.

Does anyone know if any other units at Heeley will be closing? Or what will be taking their place(s)?

Edited by Ambz
Spelling error

That's a shame, but I'm not surprised. Trade was bound to have been affected by the never-ending roadworks outside, and as you say the new retail park at Norton will soon be open. But to answer your question, sorry no I've not heard anything.

Apparently, part of the reason is because Heeley Retail Park has just been sold for £18million and the new owners have put the rents up. If putting the rents up leads to shops moving out then it's not really a wise move in my eyes.

Currys was recently refitted so doubt they will be moving.

I worked on the park in its early days and it took a very long time to get established and will never be one of the busiest but it does ok now.

I worked on the park in its early days and it took a very long time to get established and will never be one of the busiest but it does ok now.

It always seems pretty busy these days so must be doing ok.

I have always found the staff there to be friendly and very helpful, if it does close I trust that they will be offered jobs at other branches. However I fail to understand what folk want, other than Curry’s it has great parking, a good Boots, a Poundworld, a Petsathome, a Matalan and a Next, use them or lose them comes to mind. :loopy:

Apparently, part of the reason is because Heeley Retail Park has just been sold for £18million and the new owners have put the rents up. If putting the rents up leads to shops moving out then it's not really a wise move in my eyes.

Isn't that what sheffield council did in the centre....then wondered why shops closed down and premises have been left empty!