Should Cameron apologise?

I believe these air strikes will guarantee atrocities in the UK within weeks

The strength of their forces in IS is debatable.

As for containing them, why let them drive convoys of oil tankers around for over a year, raking in millions a day? What is going to change?

Again, (as per the other thread) we've been bombing Isis for a while now in Iraq. Is this suddenly going to make it worse because the same planes cross over to Syria? Not convinced.

Oh and Cameron should stop being an arse and apologise and put forward a decent case for air strikes. He's reasons are too woolly not enough hard facts and figures. If the case is true and accurate, do it - don't do a Blair and bull****.

I think you're wrong; I think it will significantly raise the likelihood of Paris style attacks. How could it not?

To return to your (absurd) Overlord analogy briefly - completely different enemy,completely different in military terms, completely different global political climate, completely different economic situation etc, etc. Apart from that, it's perfect.

Why would attacking them more than we are already attacking them raise the likelihood of Paris style attacks.

I think you're wrong; I think it will significantly raise the likelihood of Paris style attacks. How could it not?

To return to your (absurd) Overlord analogy briefly - completely different enemy,completely different in military terms, completely different global political climate, completely different economic situation etc, etc. Apart from that, it's perfect.

To significantly raise the prospect of an attack we would have to assume there are IS members/supporters who are not motivated to act by us bombing IS in Iraq but would suddenly decide to attack if we hit the same people a bit to the west over an arbitary line in the desert. I find that unlikely. These people will continue to try to attack us, there have been many foiled plots this year alone. Will bombing IS in syria stop that? I think not. Will it increase the number of plots? I think not.

As to the Overlord thing it was addressing your post where you rejected strikes because they might kill civilians while accepting civilians are being killed by ys doing nothing. On that specific point Overlord is relevant, I accept of course on lots of levels its a completely different situation.

As for containing them, why let them drive convoys of oil tankers around for over a year, raking in millions a day? What is going to change?

Its a force capable of expanding and fighting against the govts of Iraq and Syria as well as opposition groups.

Well the Russian have reportedly destroyed most of the tankers.

The Americans were busy trying to hold ISIS off in their military advances. If they hadnt then ISIS would have far more territory.

---------- Post added 02-12-2015 at 22:04 ----------

Oh and Cameron should stop being an arse and apologise.

Agree I think he was pathetic and should have just apologised quickly.

Attacks will happen either way.Seven attacks have been foiled in the UK this year already.Why are some people not realising that we are already under attack.If we sit back and do nothing they will still come for us regardless and just because we are westerners.Lots of MP,s have said this tonight from all walks of life faiths and backgrounds and said exactly the same as I have just said.ISIS will not go away just by ignoring them.

Its a force capable of expanding and fighting against the govts of Iraq and Syria as well as opposition groups.

Well the Russian have reportedly destroyed most of the tankers.

The Americans were busy trying to hold ISIS off in their military advances. If they hadnt then ISIS would have far more territory.

---------- Post added 02-12-2015 at 22:04 ----------

Agree I think he was pathetic and should have just apologised quickly.

They are probably not capable of much more expansion to be fair. They don't have the troops. They don't have the logistics.

The US could have took out the tankers 13 months ago.

They didn't. And the excuses for not doing so are laughable and pathetic.

They are probably not capable of much more expansion to be fair. They don't have the troops. They don't have the logistics.

If they are left alone they will ahve the opportunity to consolidate organise and expand. Well the tankers dont exist because Russia destroyed them all, so now they can address the more difficult military task.

You are as usual critical of the US, but the Russians who you applaud are making very few attacks against ISIS preferring instead to attack the other opposition groups.

So if we do nothing dont you think they will attack anyway?

They have enough troops to whip the Syrians and Iraqis.

Edited by 999tigger

News from 13 months ago.

Islamic State Loses Its Oil Business

Although the airstrikes have failed to keep Islamic State from advancing in the field, they have succeeded in damaging its oil network, reducing its ability to make gasoline and diesel for its tanks and trucks and diminishing a vital source of funding.

http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/articles/2014-10-14/u-dot-s-dot-air-strikes-cut-isis-oil-production-by-70-percent

If they are left alone they will ahve the opportunity to consolidate organise and expand. Well the tankers dont exist because Russia destroyed them all, so now they can address the more difficult military task.

You are as usual critical of the US, but the Russians who you applaud are making very few attacks against ISIS preferring instead to attack the other opposition groups.

So if we do nothing dont you think they will attack anyway?

They have enough troops to whip the Syrians and Iraqis.

They don't have enough troops to defeat the Iraqis. No way. Or the ,Kurds. Or even the Russian-backed remains of the Syrian army.

Not a chance.

And where on earth have I applauded the Russians? Ridiculous :mad:

---------- Post added 02-12-2015 at 22:33 ----------

News from 13 months ago.

Islamic State Loses Its Oil Business

Although the airstrikes have failed to keep Islamic State from advancing in the field, they have succeeded in damaging its oil network, reducing its ability to make gasoline and diesel for its tanks and trucks and diminishing a vital source of funding.

http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/articles/2014-10-14/u-dot-s-dot-air-strikes-cut-isis-oil-production-by-70-percent

Nice try

http://www.businessinsider.com/r-islamic-state-keeps-up-syrian-oil-flow-despite-us-led-strikes-2014-10?IR=T