BBC Failure - "Lorry shunted me and police did nothing!"

I drive up and down the M1 on a regular basis and due to HGV drivers repeatedly doing stuff like this I've also fitted a dashcam to my vehicle. In this instance I have no doubt that the car driver went out to annoy the lorry driver somewhat knowing that he had video equipment to record the consequences but for me the HGV driver is solely to blame.

He is driving a huge vehicle and his actions could have resulted in at least one death.

The sooner that HGV's are restricted to the inside lane and at 56 mph the better

The lorry driver should have known better than to do this, but its clear on the video this dashcam salesman was definitely in the middle lane and definitely going too slow if that lorry could catch him up. Middle lane hogging is widespread across the country, and its time drivers were dealt with more harshly than just a fine. I say a months ban at least for this dangerous and inconsiderate hogging of a highway.

Hmmm that's what I thought when I read it! and did you see the tiny dent on his car! the bloke wasn't exactly rammed off of the road...

Did you watch the video? I'd say it's pretty clear cut the lorry intentionally cut him up twice. Perhaps in this case, is it purely coincidence he owned a dashboard camera company. The bit that got me though was when he complained of neck and back pain...ah that old whiplash chestnut.

Did you watch the video? I'd say it's pretty clear cut the lorry intentionally cut him up twice. Perhaps in this case, is it purely coincidence he owned a dashboard camera company. The bit that got me though was when he complained of neck and back pain...ah that old whiplash chestnut.

Sorry to disagree,but why was he driving in the middle lane doing sub 60mph on a clear motorway with his hazzards on,also why did'nt he pull over to nearside to let the hgv pass

Yeah I watched it.. I just don't understand why the bloke in the car didn't get in the fast lane and get right ahead of the lorry! 3 hours he was harassed!! peeerlease...

And I know! haha what a joke about neck and back pain...

---------- Post added 02-12-2015 at 16:39 ----------

And what I want to know is........... Why did he phone the police????

As IF you would!

He's either a very pathetic man, who probably shouldn't be driving on a motorway if he can't overtake a lorry and be on his merry way

OR

He's getting free advertising on his company - because even though the BBC haven't named the business, someone else will...

Sorry to disagree,but why was he driving in the middle lane doing sub 60mph on a clear motorway with his hazzards on,also why did'nt he pull over to nearside to let the hgv pass

Oh I agree, the car driver was being a twonk, but that doesn't give the lorry any right to crash into him!

---------- Post added 02-12-2015 at 17:10 ----------

Yeah I watched it.. I just don't understand why the bloke in the car didn't get in the fast lane and get right ahead of the lorry! 3 hours he was harassed!! peeerlease...

And I know! haha what a joke about neck and back pain...

---------- Post added 02-12-2015 at 16:39 ----------

And what I want to know is........... Why did he phone the police????

As IF you would!

He's either a very pathetic man, who probably shouldn't be driving on a motorway if he can't overtake a lorry and be on his merry way

OR

He's getting free advertising on his company - because even though the BBC haven't named the business, someone else will...

If someone hit my car like that on a motorway I'd be on the phone to the police too. Slightly surprised people seem to be taking the lorry drivers side on this, then again it is SF isn't it and it wasn't a bus or a taxi.

I think we all agree that what the lorry driver did was stupid and he deserves having his license revoked. But the central issue (ie. why I started the post) is - what on earth is a story like this doing on the BBC website?

Sadly lots of people on this thread seem to not agree and somehow think the lorry driver was justified...any reason it wouldn't be? I'd have thought if I had footage of a lorry deliberating ramming me I'd expect it to be fairly major news. Perhaps not today I suppose but we can't have every story on the Beeb being about Syria.

Just a couple of questions... Is,nt it illegal to drive whilst on the phone ? and why did the driver tell the police that he was 'going to follow him' ?Intimidation?? Also on the video it shows the lorry over-taking the car TWICE..Did the car overtake the lorry again,causing the lorry driver to pass the car once more.. (2nd time was when he got Tapped). Surely the car was more than capable of maneuvering out of the way.

Just a couple of questions... Is,nt it illegal to drive whilst on the phone ? and why did the driver tell the police that he was 'going to follow him' ?Intimidation?? Also on the video it shows the lorry over-taking the car TWICE..Did the car overtake the lorry again,causing the lorry driver to pass the car once more.. (2nd time was when he got Tapped). Surely the car was more than capable of maneuvering out of the way.

It's not illegal if you are phoning the emergency services for fairly obvious reasons.

And yeah it looks like that doesn't it. I don't think anyone on here is excusing some truly, truly awful driving by the car driver, but still gives the lorry absolutely no right to do that. I think there could easily be a prosecution against both of them for dangerous driving or driving with undue care and attention. Would be funny if the car driver is convicted using video from his own dashcams!