St Lukes Hospice

anouska

Cold calling at private addresses is dodgy anyway in my opinion but at least you know it was probably above board.

However I'm surprised at St. Lukes using this tactic. I thought they would be a little more sensitive to peoples privacy and their worries about safety at the door - especially the elderly. :(

Edited by Daven

To be honest it's probably a campaign by a profit company, who get paid by St Luke's to organise fund raising. So don't doubt for a minute that she will be on comission and that the company will take a sizable chunk of the cash before it even gets to St Luke's.

It's not impossible that it's organised directly by St Luke's, but very unlikely. (I'd be happy to be corrected.)

I think it's a little low of St. Lukes to do something like this - they have gone down in my estimation.

They are using money donated to them to PAY someone to knock on doors and beg for more money ?

All the major charities do it. The sad thing is that it must work or they wouldn't bother? It's not that they're scheming or immoral or anything, it's just that it's the most efficient way to raise funds, because people don't donate enough to them. It's still a very worthy cause, definitely.

Doesn't seem right though does it ?

If I fund raised money for St. Lukes I would expect that the money would go towards the care of comfort of the patients - not to line the pocket of a professional door knocker.

Doesn't seem right though does it ?

If I fund raised money for St. Lukes I would expect that the money would go towards the care of comfort of the patients - not to line the pocket of a professional door knocker.

I agree, it doesn't seem right. But the sad truth is that not enough people just take it upon themselves to donate to these charities.

But I suppose the main issue with this kind of fundraising is the lack of transparency - it does seem dishonest, doesn't it.