St Lukes Hospice

anouska

Have you tried having a job without being paid recently? Get a grip and realise that fundraising costs money in the real world, just like nurses. We don't all suck off the public magic money tree teat.

St Luke's do a magnificent job, wind your neck in with your unfounded and ill judged criticism.

Strawman alert! No one has said they don't.

You give what you are saying a little thought too mate - very insensitive as usual.

Spend a few hours walking in my shoes and you will understand the 'real world' .

You have absolutely no idea.................

I understand a little bit about Davens' work, and as such I can wholly agree with this post. Well said Daven!

I understand that it is very insensitive to suggest that fundraisers should work for free to find the money to pay nurse wages.

My own morals and understanding of the real world are perfectly intact thank you. ;)

Many people have basic lack of understanding that fund raising costs money if it is to be done effectively. It is a job and people with jobs need paying a fair wage. Charities have to get creative and be business like because they are in competition with like everything else that demands our money. They can't afford to sit back and hope that people give them money, they have to compete.

St Luke's are very effective and it is a real slur on a great organisation to suggest that they are doing something that isn't right. The alternative to what they do is that they don't do it, any of it. People need to realise this and cut them a bit of slack. That said, there also needs to be some sensitivity about how and when, and door knocking after dark doesn't seem sensitive.

Edited by Eric Arthur

The St Luke’s Lottery plays a very important part in helping us to raise the funds we need to offer free care to around 1,500 terminally ill people in Sheffield and their families every year.

We use lottery canvassing to help us recruit new players to replace those that leave each year. We ask canvassers to work to the highest standards and we’re keen to ensure that this is the case.

We are always looking at ways to ensure that the canvassers are visibly representing St Luke’s, and so we will bear in mind the comments that have been raised. Thank you.