Nasty Party to purge dissenters?

Funny thread title when a young activist lies dead as the result of bullying within the Conservative party. Some MPs have such a sense of entitlement that they have come to regard any lobbying (apart from by their wealthy mates) as bullying.

Have you seen what they've been doing to these MPs?

If any of them we're emotionally vulnerable for any reason, this would have been more than enough to drive them to suicide.

We should all learn the lessons of the death of this poor young man. Bullying is universally wrong.

The tragic death of an activist loyal to your political opponents is not cover to get away with bullying by the other side.

Re BIB. The Tories are regularly titled as the nasty party on the basis that they look to split the country into haves and have nots. They have nothing on the left wing of the Labour party when it comes to bile and a wish to divide the country. The thread title was an attempt to show this.

I'm not sure that I'd like to construct a hierarchy of nastiness. Neither party has the public interest at heart.

The Left do pressurise and there is a violence to some factions that needs dealing with. The right and the establishment wield influence in a different way. They do it by lobbying and by bribery.

Neither way is correct, both sides are out to coerce others into doing their will. It is just that they use different levers of power.

I think there are horrible people in all parties especially at the extremes. Look at some of the UKIP or English Democrat voters and activists...The Greens have some too who are vindictive and destructive to prove a point.

I don't think Labour are any different here, it's just being played out more publically do to the sudden change or direction from the party chucking everything up in the air.

---------- Post added 04-12-2015 at 10:10 ----------

If any of them we're emotionally vulnerable for any reason, this would have been more than enough to drive them to suicide.

We should all learn the lessons of the death of this poor young man. Bullying is universally wrong.

The tragic death of an activist loyal to your political opponents is not cover to get away with bullying by the other side.

Agree with this totally. It is unbelievable that people are resorting to namecalling and bullying. I have written to my local MP telling him that if he voted with his conscience then clearly him and I are no longer even vaguely aligned so I will never vote for him again and that I will push for him to be re-selected by his party so the local area can decide whether they feel he is the right candidate for them still or not.

No bullying, no threatening. However, some people are sending death threats to their MP. That's just not on and I sincerely hope they get prosecuted for it. If you think your MP no longer represents you then campaign for a re-selection, vote for another party or spoil your ballot paper.

There is

Tbh if MPs are emotionally vulnerable then they should question whether they are in the right job. Social media is brilliant for communication, but this is also another side of it where people cna get their views known quickly and annonymously. The bullying seems to be from activists, but it should be dealt with by kicking the people from the party.

Tbh if MPs are emotionally vulnerable then they should question whether they are in the right job. Social media is brilliant for communication, but this is also another side of it where people cna get their views known quickly and annonymously. The bullying seems to be from activists, but it should be dealt with by kicking the people from the party.

People can develop emotional problems for all sorts of reasons at any time in their lives. But you have a point.

All MPs who voted for the air-strikes and all activists who are being abusing to them are going to be kicked out at this rate.

There's going to be nobody left in the party if they're not careful.

I think there are horrible people in all parties especially at the extremes. Look at some of the UKIP or English Democrat voters and activists...The Greens have some too who are vindictive and destructive to prove a point.

I don't think Labour are any different here, it's just being played out more publically do to the sudden change or direction from the party chucking everything up in the air.

---------- Post added 04-12-2015 at 10:10 ----------

Agree with this totally. It is unbelievable that people are resorting to namecalling and bullying. I have written to my local MP telling him that if he voted with his conscience then clearly him and I are no longer even vaguely aligned so I will never vote for him again and that I will push for him to be re-selected by his party so the local area can decide whether they feel he is the right candidate for them still or not.

No bullying, no threatening. However, some people are sending death threats to their MP. That's just not on and I sincerely hope they get prosecuted for it. If you think your MP no longer represents you then campaign for a re-selection, vote for another party or spoil your ballot paper.

There is

Kate that doesnt make any sense.

I have written to my local MP telling him that if he voted with his conscience .....

You are against because he voted with his conscience or because you dont know the way he voted? You can easily find out?

Kate that doesnt make any sense.

You are against because he voted with his conscience or because you dont know the way he voted? You can easily find out?

He voted for air strikes and put out a statement saying he voted with his conscience. That's his right to do so, but it means I can no longer support him that's all.

You are right, my original post didn't make sense!

Following the vote on whether to bomb in Syria, the attacks on those Labour MPs who went against the wishes of their leader have started.

Do we expect to see sitting MPs deselected as suggested by Ken Livingstone?

Jeremy Corbyn has said he wanted to listen. Cheap words by the sound of it.

I think what is starting to happen show the real nasty party at work.

There is no way that the current Labour Party could ever be described as "One Nation".

Who allowed their MPs a FREE vote on Syria? Corbyn or Cameron? Who labelled people who voted against him as terrorist sympathisers? Corbyn or Cameron? If you want to look at nasty bullying, look to Mr Cameron.

Who allowed their MPs a FREE vote on Syria? Corbyn or Cameron? Who labelled people who voted against him as terrorist sympathisers? Corbyn or Cameron? If you want to look at nasty bullying, look to Mr Cameron.

Corbyn was forced into the free vote, and there's a world of difference between an insult and a campaign of threats and abuse.

Corbyn was forced into the free vote, and there's a world of difference between an insult and a campaign of threats and abuse.

Corbyn is his own man. That's why the media hate him and so do the Conservatives. He's not motivated by wealth and status, so he is harder to manipulate. I don't see anywhere where Corbyn has insulted people who have dared to vote against him. It was Cameron who started with the diabolical insults and abuse. Perhaps if he had been gentlemanly enough to apologise, he would have set a slightly better example.

Edited by Hesther