Nasty Party to purge dissenters?

I don't see anywhere where Corbyn has insulted people who have dared to vote against him. It was Cameron who started with the diabolical insults and abuse.

No. Cornyn's cronies have done it on his behalf.

Have you looks at Cameron's quote in context? It was harsh, but falls well short of "diabolical" or "abuse".

Have you looks at Cameron's quote in context? It was harsh, but falls well short of "diabolical" or "abuse".

Corbyn made his position clear. Not once has he insulted those who disagreed with him on Syria, unlike Cameron.

Its pretty shameful, undignified and low though. If you are a man of conscience and principle (I believe Corbyn is (It's his undoing)) then I can see why he would find it diabolical or abusive.

Hilary Benn nailed it on this point.

Its pretty shameful, undignified and low though. If you are a man of conscience and principle (I believe Corbyn is (It's his undoing)) then I can see why he would find it diabolical or abusive.

Hilary Benn nailed it on this point.

Hilary Benn nailed it on all points. That's a man of conscience and principle.

Not sure if he would have agreed, but his father would have been extremely proud.

I have to disagree with your characterisation of Corbyn. If you're interested, google "corbyn ira", "corbyn apartheid", "corbyn hamas" or "corbyn iran".

Feelings run very strongly on this grave issue. Local people were always going to be watching how their MP voted. They have a right to air their views to their MP. MPs should not be surprised if they get tweets showing dissatisfaction from their constituents. They should welcome them. They are the ones who want to get people interested in politics. It's part of a healthy democracy. Attempting to silence constituents who disagree with them is unhealthy, except in the case of offensive language or threats. If there are large numbers of local people who disagree very strongly with how their MP has voted, so much so, that they may vote for another party, then it is in any party's interest to assess whether they should support that candidate in future elections. It's just logic.

Feelings run very strongly on this grave issue. Local people were always going to be watching how their MP voted. They have a right to air their views to their MP. MPs should not be surprised if they get tweets showing dissatisfaction from their constituents. They should welcome them. They are the ones who want to get people interested in politics. It's part of a healthy democracy. Attempting to silence constituents who disagree with them is unhealthy, except in the case of offensive language or threats. If there are large numbers of local people who disagree very strongly with how their MP has voted, so much so, that they may vote for another party, then it is in any party's interest to assess whether they should support that candidate in future elections. It's just logic.

They might have a right to air their views, but theres no need to be abusive or threatening about it.

Hilary Benn nailed it on all points. That's a man of conscience and principle.

Not sure if he would have agreed, but his father would have been extremely proud.

I have to disagree with your characterisation of Corbyn. If you're interested, google "corbyn ira", "corbyn apartheid", "corbyn hamas" or "corbyn iran".

I don't think we want to be speaking up for the departed's views on matters after their death. That's why I've kept quiet on this.

Tony Benn was an amazing man.

---------- Post added 03-12-2015 at 23:23 ----------

They might have a right to air their views, but theres no need to be abusive or threatening about it.

Yes, exactly like I said in my post. Did you miss that?

I don't think we want to be speaking up for the departed's views on matters after their death. That's why I've kept quiet on this.

Tony Benn was an amazing man.

---------- Post added 03-12-2015 at 23:23 ----------

Yes, exactly like I said in my post. Did you miss that?

You shouldnt have to silence constituents who wnat to use violence abuse or threats, perhaps the cobnstituents ought to have a word with themselves about whether they should be doing it in the first place. Whats ironic is the Tories have been shamed about the bullying scandal and then so called Labour activists cant see they cross the line as well by their abusive behaviour.