Women refused to be hidden but asks to be hidden.

Come again? Are you really trying to cast doubt on her story on the basis that she doesn't want her face all over the papers and the internet?

---------- Post added 05-12-2015 at 18:38 ----------

You really don't understand people do you?

Yes I understand that but why does she say she refuses to be hidden then. Either she did and she doesn't understand the meaning of the word hidden. Or its poor BBC journalistic wording.

I take it to mean she refuses to be hidden from the world. Refusing to be hidden from society. Wanting her privacy whilst telling an horrific story is perfectly normal.

Yes I understand that but why does she say she refuses to be hidden then. Either she did and she doesn't understand the meaning of the word hidden. Or its poor BBC journalistic wording.

It's simple enough when you realise that "refused" is the past tense.

She was hidden by the cult. She refused to be so and escaped, which triggered the Police investigation. Now she's no longer hidden by the cult she doesn't want her new identity splashed all over the papers.

So woman claims she refuses to be hidden yet asks the BBC not to reveal her identity name or show her face.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-35008452

This poor woman has led the most horrible life, abused from birth. Lied to about her parentage, left isolated, unloved and beaten. It is difficult to understand what question you are asking. Do you really doubt her story? I really cannot understand why you would raise this as an issue. She says "My thoughts and feelings were mainly of fear,"... "because I saw other people in the house being quite violently treated. Lots of shouting - and I myself was beaten up as well." Leave the poor woman alone.