George Osborne finally gets tough on tax avoidance!

We all pay as little tax as possible. OBVIOUSLY! You do exactly the same. Righteousness eh, not attractive.

No we don't. We pay as much as we are supposed to. What you would expect, is the same scrutiny and diligence to be used when chasing down tax avoided at all levels, not just those at the bottom of the pile. Oh, and a relevant sized fine!

Look buddy, whether large company or average joe wage slave, nobody pays more than they have to. If the big companies can get away with paying peanuts, then they will. It's not your fight. Don't hate the players.

It's not my fight? :huh:

I could get away with paying a lot less tax than I do. I choose not to.

No we don't. We pay as much as we are supposed to. What you would expect, is the same scrutiny and diligence to be used when chasing down tax avoided at all levels, not just those at the bottom of the pile. Oh, and a relevant sized fine!

You make voluntary payments, or do you pay the minimum that you can?

---------- Post added 06-12-2015 at 12:57 ----------

Why would anyone choose to pay more tax than they are legally obliged to do so?

You make voluntary payments, or do you pay the minimum that you can?

---------- Post added 06-12-2015 at 12:57 ----------

Why would anyone choose to pay more tax than they are legally obliged to do so?

I could choose to exploit loopholes. But I don't. It's about time the government actually went about closing all loopholes and forced a fair system on these multinationals.

I could choose to exploit loopholes. But I don't. It's about time the government actually went about closing all loopholes and forced a fair system on these multinationals.

So its only the big multinationals you have a problem with ?

---------- Post added 06-12-2015 at 13:36 ----------

So you happily pay more tax than you need too ?

Very charitable of you.

We pay as much as we are required, subject to any concessions that the law allows in each case, and any fine would suggest tax evasion.

You can't really "get away" with anything that would be perfectly legal; you're avoiding the use of reductions or relief that would be your right to exercise.

What don't you pay what you are supposed to pay and then give the extra to support good causes that you approve of? Otherwise you are giving the government extra money to do with as they wish rather than yourself?