MP sends death threat. To herself.

I don't think she's just plain stupid. I think she is manipulative and dangerous and we are lucky she is so stupid. She was clearly trying to use the current heightened tensions around the Syria bombing to further her own agenda. In fact she isn't really stupid or manipulative at all, she is just simply a politician.

Well it seems several were getting death threats.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-35022119

A lot would depend whether a posting of stupid remarks and abuse on Twitter or Facebook is in the same league as actually threatening to kill someone.

Edited by foxy lady

Well it seems several were getting death threats.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-35022119

A lot would depend whether a posting of stupid remarks and abuse on Twitter or Facebook is in the same league as actually threatening to kill someone.

Not sure of your point really...yes I know some people were getting death threats, and she used this to make herself into a supposed victim to garner sympathy and support. What a vile woman.

Not sure of your point really...yes I know some people were getting death threats, and she used this to make herself into a supposed victim to garner sympathy and support. What a vile woman.

Agree. Not sure what FL is going on about. They are different points and one doesnt excuse the other. The Mp concerned has contacted the police about threats she claims have been made to her so maybe they will look into the false representation given on twitter as well.

It might be within the remit of the Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards. It's completely out of order as a higher standard is expected of an MP.

The point is quite simple. There is no law against posting ficticious tripe on a Facebook page and attributing it to a non-existent person.

There is however a law against making death threats and sending abusive messages to real people, even if you hide behind an alias.

So I think I will reserve judgement on this one until the police have looked into who said what, rather than simply relying on the word of the person who posts abusive messages to MPs whilst hiding behind a false identity.

Edited by foxy lady

The point is quite simple. There is no law against posting ficticious tripe on a Facebook page and attributing it to a non-existent person.

There is however a law against making death threats to real people, even if you hide behind an alias.

So I think I will reserve judgement on this one until the police have looked into who said what, rather than simply rely on the word of the person who posts abusive messages to MPs whilst hiding behind a false identity.

Erm? You do understand that she changed the contents of a message to make it appear that some sent her a death threat and reported this to the police when noone had sent her any death threat at all? And you are ok with that? What if the person who sent her the original message had put his real name? He might be under arrest now for threatening her and again you'd be fine with that? They say we get the MPs we deserve, it would appear you do.

Erm? You do understand that she changed the contents of a message to make it appear that some sent her a death threat and reported this to the police when noone had sent her any death threat at all? And you are ok with that? What if the person who sent her the original message had put his real name? He might be under arrest now for threatening her and again you'd be fine with that? They say we get the MPs we deserve, it would appear you do.

No I didn't say anything of the sort.

I said I would wait until the police had looked into the various reports rather than taking the word of someone who hides behind a false name in order to post abusive messages.

There is a major difference between making a false report to the police and posting alledged tripe on Facebook about a fictional being.

Edited by foxy lady

No I didn't say anything of the sort.

I said I would wait until the police had looked into the various reports rather than taking the word of someone who hides behind a false name in order to post abusive messages.

There is a major difference between making a false report to the police and posting alledged tripe on Facebook about a fictional being.

Ofc we have to wait till the police look into it, but that doesnt stop it being a topic for discussion from what we know.

Why is the person using a pseudonym any different from you in using foxy lady as a handle? He cna post what he likes, unless the police believe he crossed a line and did something illegal.

MPs should be held to a higher standard because of the position they hold. What she posted was a lie that was intended to misrepresent matters for her own benefit. Its not acceptable and I hope it falls within the parliamentray commissioner for standards remit.

Ofc we have to wait till the police look into it, but that doesnt stop it being a topic for discussion from what we know.

Why is the person using a pseudonym any different from you in using foxy lady as a handle? He cna post what he likes, unless the police believe he crossed a line and did something illegal.

MPs should be held to a higher standard because of the position they hold. What she posted was a lie that was intended to misrepresent matters for her own benefit. Its not acceptable and I hope it falls within the parliamentray commissioner for standards remit.

Of course a person using a pseudonym cannot post what he likes. But you can say pretty much what you like about a person who doesn't exist.

If only the guy hadn't hidden behind a fake ID, and had false alegations made about him he could sue. But all we know is an MP posted something on Facebook which may have been from one abusive letter or a combination of abusive letters, and that the MP may have attributed it to the same non-person, or may have made it all up.

Of course a person using a pseudonym cannot post what he likes. But you can say pretty much what you like about a person who doesn't exist.

If only the guy hadn't hidden behind a fake ID, and had false alegations made about him he could sue. But all we know is an MP posted something on Facebook which may have been from one abusive letter or a combination of abusive letters, and that the MP may have attributed it to the same non-person, or may have made it all up.

You failed to take into account the whole sentence.

Where she is an MP and she posts something as true, then she is misrepresenting what has happened. Its less about the individual Rusty person, but more about her behaviour in posting untruths. The fact you cant see its wrong for an MP to post either direct lies or misreprentations for her own advantage says it all.

You failed to take into account the whole sentence.

Where she is an MP and she posts something as true, then she is misrepresenting what has happened. Its less about the individual Rusty person, but more about her behaviour in posting untruths. The fact you cant see its wrong for an MP to post either direct lies or misreprentations for her own advantage says it all.

This. ^